Anyone who has been to Walt Disney World knows that Disney specializes in the details; and I’m always on the look-out for new details or hidden Disney magic that isn’t so easy to find! Today I’m sharing with you my favoriehidden details that I have discovered on my visits to the park. Enjoy!
5. Cinderella’s Wishing Well-Located on the path running around the castle near Tomorrowland, you will find a wishing well sitting just off the path facing the castle! You can tell by its details that this wishing well definitely belongs to Cinderella and it makes a great photo spot! Also, the money tossed in the well goes toward charity. Truly magical!
4. Pirate Chess Game-Hidden inside the queue for Pirates of the Caribbean, locked in a cell, be sure to look for two pirate skeletons playing chess! Not only is this fun to find; but chess pros will know that the game pieces are arranged into a deadlock. No wonder they died sitting at the board! How do you know how to find this hidden detail? When waiting in line, look through the prison bars and look down!
3. Cinderella Fountain-Tucked in a corner in Fantasyland, just behind Cinderella Castle, you will find a fountain featuring Cinderella herself! This sweet fountain is a big hit with little princesses; and those of a shorter stature will see that the pattern behind the fountain makes a crown behind her head when viewed at the right angle!
2. Disney’s Coat of Arms-On the front and back of Cinderella Castle, keep your eyes up to find a seal displaying the Disney Coat of Arms. What a great detail and homage to the man responsible for it all!
1. Gus and Jacque-When waiting for to take your picture with Cinderella at Cinderella’s Royal Table, keep your eyes up! Perched above your head are two familiar friends looking over Cinderella, her loyal mice friends, Gus and Jacque!
Have you seen any of these hidden details during your visits to the Magic Kingdom?
- Hidden Gems: Cinderella Wishing Well (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Teaching History Through the Parks: Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Best Things I Love About Disney-Pirates of the Caribbean (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!