Anyone who has been to Walt Disney World knows that Disney specializes in the details; and I’m always on the look-out for new details or hidden Disney magic that isn’t so easy to find! Today I’m sharing with you my favorite Hollywood Studios hidden details that I have discovered on my visits to the park. Enjoy!
5. Crates-Located near Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner, just off of Hollywood Boulevard, you will find a stack of crates. If you take a closer look at the addresses stamped on the crates, you will find they belong to some famous old Hollywood characters such as Rick Blaine from Casablanca and Scarlett O’Hara from the Gone with the Wind and more!
4. Route 66 Sign & Luggage-On Sunset Boulevard, across from Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage and in front of a storefront, there is a Route 66 sign with several old suitcases stacked at the base. This homage to “the Main Street of America” is a great photo spot that many guests rush right by. Be sure to check it out!
3. Rex-If you were a fan of the former Star Tours attraction at Hollywood Studios, you may find a familiar friend in the queue. Remember Rex? Your rookie pilot who whisked you through lightspeed, meteors, and the attack on the Death Star? He still calls Star Tours home, and you can now see him, wearing a defective sticker (haha) as you wait to ride this park’s new Star Tours – The Adventures Continue 3-D version!
2. Fire Hydrant-On the Streets of America, particularly during the steamy summer months, one of the street’s fire hydrants is sometimes opened so kids (and big kids too) can run through the cool spray!
1. Singing in the Rain Umbrella-Also located on the Streets of America, across from Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, look for an umbrella against a light post. When you grab hold of the handle, suddenly your Gene Kelly out of that famous scene from Singin’ in the Rain!
Have you run across any of these hidden details on your trips to Hollywood Studios? If so, be sure to share with us, along with any of your own hidden details, in a comment below! Thanks!
Check out these articles for more!
- My Fab Five Disney’s Hollywood Studios Attractions
- Best Photo Spots and Tips: Hollywood Studios
- Hidden Gems: Casablanca Reference (aglassslippervacation.com)