There are over 25 resorts on property at Walt Disney World, and the best way to see them all, besides staying at them all, is to resort hop. This is a great activity for a rest day or a day that you just don’t have park tickets. You can also resort hop even if you’re not staying on Disney property at all. So, hop on a bus, a boat, or a monorail and check out some of the other resorts that you’re not staying at that Disney has to offer.
Here are 5 Resorts that you should absolutely check out while resort hopping.
- Art of Animation – This resort has larger than life Disney and Pixar scenes. Hang out and take pictures under the sea with Ariel, Nemo and their friends. While you’re there be sure to see Simba and his pals from the pride lands and your favorite characters from Radiator Springs. Inside the main building there are drawings of different characters. And if you’re hungry make your way to Landscape of Flavors where you can foods from around the world.
- Wilderness Lodge – Make your way to this beautiful resort by boat from Magic Kingdom or by foot from Fort Wilderness. (You can also take a bus.) Wilderness Lodge is themed to feel like a Northwestern National Parks Lodge with high ceilings, totem poles, a large fireplace, and rushing water under a bridge in the lobby. At Christmas time be sure to check out the amazing, and large, Christmas tree. Grab a snack or a meal from Roaring Fork and for a sit down meal there is Whispering Canyon and the signature restaurant Artist Point. Also, be sure to find your way to the geyser by the pool that erupts on the hour.
- Port Orleans Riverside – Journey to New Orleans where you can stroll through Magnolia Bend and Alligator Bayou. The resort is beautiful and quiet and really does transport you. Head inside the main building for a bite to eat at the Riverside Mill Food Court or Boatwright’s Dining Hall. You can also take a horse-drawn carriage ride, rent a surrey bike, try your hand at catch and release fishing, or take a boat ride to Disney Springs.
- The Monorail Resorts – I know, I know this is three resorts and not just one. However, when all you have to do is enjoy a short ride on the highway in the sky between these resorts, why not? All three resorts have unique themes and are worth the time you’ll spend exploring. Enjoy live music in the lobby of the Grand Floridian, watch the monorail soar over your head at the Contemporary, soak up the island vibes at the Polynesian, and dine at any of the various and amazing locations at the three resorts. More great opportunities await you in the evening on the beaches at these resorts – enjoy the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes!
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Here you’ll be transported to Africa and you can see various live animals all without having to enter a theme park. You can enjoy one of the largest collections of African art in the country. You can also enjoy delicious and adventurous eats at The Mara, Boma, Sanaa, and Jiko.
I certainly look forward to my family’s room only vacation in a couple of months where we will be doing a lot of resort hopping.
What is your favorite resort to visit? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, and I love all things Disney. Contact me at email@example.com with any resort questions and/or to start planning your magical vacation. Also, follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
Photo Credit: Walt Disney World
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!