Visiting Disney World on a budget is actually easier than it seems at first. It just takes a little planning (okay, maybe a fair amount of planning) and some money saving tips!
One of the easiest ways to save money is on your food choices. Yes, dining at Walt Disney World can be expensive (Cinderella’s Royal Table is a wonderful experience but you do pay for it!) but it doesn’t have to be. There are so many great meals for under $11 at the quick services restaurants throughout the resort. And remember, a glass of ice water is always free – and will keep you more hydrated than a soda as well!
Here are some of my favorite quick service meals for under $11.
11. Angus Bacon Cheeseburger, Restaurantosaurus, Dinoland U.S.A., Animal Kingdom – This makes my list because of the topping bar. It can make this burger even more filling than it already is. I also just love the theming of Dinoland U.S.A.!
10. Grilled Chicken BLT Sandwich, Liberty Inn, American Adventure, Epcot – I like the addition of the Bacon, Monteray Jack Cheese and Red Pepper Aioli to what is often just a plain grilled chicken sandwich. It is served with either grapes or french fries. Liberty Inn is also a nice big place and it’s usually pretty easy to find a seat – even during the busy times!
9. 1/2 Chicken Meal, Flame Tree BBQ, Discovery Island, Animal Kingdom – Flame Tree is a fan favorite at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and this meal is really filling (and yummy!). The chicken is served with baked beans and jalapeno cornbread.
8. Turkey, Monterey Jack and Chipotle Mayonnaise on Ciabatta, Sunshine Seasons, The Land Pavillion, Epcot – Sunshine Seasons tops my list for best food courts at Walt Disney World! There really is something for everyone and it’s all so good. My favorite is the Power Salad (Oak-fired Chicken, Quinoa, Almonds, and Honey Vinaigrette) but it’s over $11 and couldn’t be included on this list. This sandwich was my husbands favorite on our most recent trip. It is served with Potato Salad.
7. 1/2 Chicken Meal, Fairfax Fare, Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Studios – Another chicken meal that I think is super filling! This meal comes with baked beans and coleslaw. It’s more than enough food for me to split with my 2 year old and perfect for lunch or dinner.
6. Nachos, la Cantina de San Angel, Mexico, Epcot – The nachos at la Cantina de San Angel are very filling. They are topped with Ground Beef, Nacho Cheese, Black Beans, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, and Sour Cream – add in a Margarita and it’s the perfect lunch!
5. Tonga Toast, Capt Cook’s, Polynesian Resort – Okay, so I’m sneaking in a breakfast item – which are traditionally less expensive than those found at lunch or dinner – but Tonga Toast is a favorite!
4. Southwest Chicken Salad, Pecos Bills, Frontierland, Magic Kingdom – I’ll never stop missing the Taco Salad at Pecos Bill’s but I do like this salad and it’s a healthy and light alternative to what can sometimes be heavy quick service meals!
3. 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland, Magic Kingdom – I know, I know, ANOTHER chicken meal. But this one is my favorite! This is served with mashed potatoes and a seasonal veggie! For under $11 it’s a dinner (or lunch) you can’t beat!
2. African Stew, The Mara, Animal Kingdom Lodge – This is definitely a unique meal and very, very hearty! The stew includes with Beef, Turkey, Ham, Carrots, Potatoes, Peas, Chickpeas, and Raisins served over Basmati Rice – and it’s a nice amount of rice! A must try for something other than a tried and true burger!
1. The Original 1762, Earl of Sandwich, Downtown Disney – Since I had to pick one item to add to my list I went with the classic but there are so many awesome sandwiches and salads at Earl of Sandwich – and all of them are under $11! If you’re at Downtown Disney this should be a must try on your next Disney World trip!
Is your mouth watering yet? I know mine is! Do you have a favorite quick service meal that won’t break the bank? Share you picks with your fellow readers in the comments below!
If you love food be sure to check out Chip’s 100 Disney World foods to eat before you die challenge!
Planning a trip to Walt Disney World on a budget? Let me help! I love sharing tips to stretch your dollars at Disney! I am a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and Co and the Disney Addicts! Email me today at email@example.com to start planning your “Magical” vacation! –Alissa
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!