Even with Fastpass+, you will probably end up waiting in a line at some point during your vacation. Waiting in lines at Disney World with kids can stretch parents’ patience a little thin. The best way to deal with waiting for your favorite attractions is to go to Disney prepared to wait. The following top 10 ways to pass the time while waiting in line at Disney World are to help bust the waiting blues.
- Play on an electronic device – Smart phone, iPhone, iPad, etc. you name it. Downloading your child’s favorite game(s) prior to going to the parks can help you be prepared prior to getting into any long lines. There are charging stations at various locations around the parks, just remember to bring charging cords with you as well!
- Grab extra park maps or when you enter the park. You can give park maps and a pen to your kids and ask them to circle the rides that they want to go on that day. You can also ask them to rank them in order of importance to ride that day.
- For older kids, bring blank paper and a pen or pencil. You can play different games while waiting in line like Hangman or Tic-Tac-Toe. For younger kids, bring a coloring book and washable crayons so they can color and doodle while waiting.
- Try a rhyming word game, guess that Disney attraction or character, or play I Spy. Looking for Hidden Mickeys can also be great fun!
- Bring a deck of cards. This option works best when there are at least 3 people and with older kids, so that way one person can hold the deck and the discard pile.
- Make new friends. Strike up a conversation with the people in line by you. Kids can re resourceful with a new friend to play with while waiting.
- Pin trade with people around you in line. There’s no telling what new treasure you may score.
- Bring a favorite book or two to read or bring a puzzle book.
- For younger kids, bring a bottle of bubbles. Blow gently so they don’t go so far away that you are chasing after your child.
- Play some hand games like rock/ paper/scissors, thumb wars, or clapping games like cross down.
The above top 10 ways to pass the time while waiting in line at Disney World is by no means an exhaustive list. While waiting in line, what other things have you and your family done to keep busy? What boredom busters helped your family? Comment below – we would love to hear your ideas!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.