It’s here…the 2015 International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. I have been counting down the days until I get to taste all of the yummy food they will have this year and check out the new merchandise they will have. Some of the food offerings are the same, or similar, to years pasts but there are a bunch of new things that look amazing as well.
Here are the Top 10 Items (both new and repeats) I can’t wait to try:
10. Ravioli alla caprese: Cheese ravioli, tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and basil: Okay, I’ll admit, this is not the most adventurous option at the festival but I always feel the need to stop and try something at the booth in Italy. And it’s something I know I can get my toddler to try as well!
9. Kielbasa and potato pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream: This has been offered at the Poland booth before and I’m a fan! I love a good pierogi and can’t wait to experience this little offering again.
8. Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies: This item can be found in the Australia booth and has been offered in the past.
7. Crème brûlée vanille chocolat: Vanilla & chocolate crème brûlée topped with caramelized sugar: It’s not a Food and Wine Festival without some sweets – and what better place to get something sweet and delicious than the booth in France!
6. “Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce: This can be found in Canada and it’s my little way of experiencing a bit of decadence as I eat my way around the world!
5. Pork Spareribs with red wine, fennel, and cheesy mascarpone grits: New this year is the Sustainable Chew Marketplace. Being a (transplanted) southern girl I’m intrigued by the grits on this dish and looking forward to seeing if they taste as good as they sound!
4. Belgium waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream: Another delicious sweet treat that is a must is this one from Belgium. A yummy waffle with chocolate ganache and whipped cream – I’d stand in line for this one for sure!
3. Soufflé de yuca: Yuca soufflé topped with griddled cheese: The first appearance of the Dominican Republic booth since 2007 is something that has me pretty excited. I’m so glad it’s back and can’t wait to see what is offered this year.
2. Seared sea scallop with spinach-cheddar gratin and crispy bacon: Anything with bacon is a must have in my book and this dish from Scotland is near the top of my list!
1. New York strip, parsnip silk, balsamic glaze and arugula foam: This is being offered in the new Chew Lab and I cannot wait to see what the hosts of the ABC show, The Chew, have come up with.
What are you excited to try? Do you stick with things you know you’ll like or step out of your comfort zone a bit?
And make sure you check back to see my top picks after I get to experience all of the deliciousness that is Food and Wine!
The fall is a wonderful time to plan a visit to Walt Disney World. And getting to attend the Food and Wine Festival makes it even better. Thinking of a fall trip to Disney World? Let me help you plan it! I am a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and Co and the Disney Addicts! Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your “Magical” vacation! –Alissa
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!