Wondering when to take your next Walt Disney World Vacation? I recommend going in the Fall! This is my favorite time of year in Florida, and the Parks have so much to offer from September to November. Extend your summer vacation with a Disney trip! Here are the top 10 reasons you should take a Fall Disney World vacation:
10. Nice weather – The autumn temps are still hot enough to go to the water parks such as Typhoon Lagoon, but not so hot that you are uncomfortable. In October we are swimming at mid-day and have long sleeves on by 9pm. It’s the perfect, comfortable combination.
9. Shorter Lines- Most kids are back in school and the summer crowds fade away. The lines, especially at night, are quite short. Check the crowd calendars and Park hours each day to see the lowest predicted crowds are. Extra Magic Hours bring in more people, as does MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom on Party nights. Avoid MK on those dates and get Fastpasses for the popular rides.
8. Pumpkin Spice Latte’s...and many other fall treats, can be found around WDW. From Starbucks’ delicious lattes to the Main Street Confectionary’s Jack-o-latern Mickey cookies, you can indulge in some adorable and delicious fall seasonal desserts and beverages!
7. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party- or “MNSSHP” is a spooktacular event that happens at Magic Kingdom starting late in September. The whole family can dress up and trick-or-treat around the Park, watch the Halloween Fireworks show, Parade, and see their favorite characters in costume! This is a separate ticketed event and happens on select nights. This is the only time adults can wear cosutmes into the Parks.
6. Discounts Galore! This fall several discounts were available for guests. Free Dining, which was announed in April (has ended for 2015) was one of the most anticipated promos this year. It was offered throughout the fall into December. People are booking with me NOW, over a year in advance, for anticipation of 2016’s Free Dining. It’s never too early to plan! The Room Discount can save you up to 35% off this fall on the room portion of your package. This annual promo always helps save people a lot of money! There are still rooms available under this offer. Other promotions included Annual Passholder, Florida Resident, and Military discounts. For more info on how to save money on your vacation, email me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com
5. Night of Joy- Every September the Night of Joy lights up the Magic Kingdom and sold out this year on September 11 & 12. This Christian music concert brings in some great bands and singers such as Toby Mac and Colton Dixon.
4. Wine & Dine- The tastiest Half Marathon in the World goes through the night starting at 10pm on November 7, ending in Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival at the World Showcase. There are races for all ages from the Diaper Dash for infants to the Jungle Jingle 5k through Animal Kingdom. Registration happens in April, so be on the look out for more info from runDisney.com and the YMBADA Race Team Facebook page if you want to participate next year. I can also help you book your room package at discounted rates! Just email me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com
3. Villains- The new Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular promises to be awesome this year! This stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus will join other Villains on stage for an exclusive MNSSHP show. I love to meet the villains and special characters that are only out at Halloween time, such as Sally and Jack Skellington.
2. Availability- I find it easier to get rooms for my clients that want a specific resort or room type in September since it’s an off-peak season. (January is the other off-peak season that makes it easy to get exactly what you want but the weather is much cooler.) This goes for dining reservations and flights too! More options, at lower prices. I book flights and dining for my clients so they don’t have to worry about those details. I can help you too, just email me!
1.Epcot International Food and Wine Festival- The #1 reason I go to Disney World in the Fall is for this special event! It’s great for the whole family, or for a romantic night out. To read more about Food & Wine Fest, check out my articles: Top 10 Drinks to Try at Food & Wine Fest and Insider Tips for Enjoying Food & Wine Fest.
Why do you love fall vacations at Walt Disney World? Do you have a favorite season to visit? Let us know!
Ready to book your last minute fall getaway? Contact me today! Hurry rooms are filling quickly! If you are a planner like me and want to have over a year to pay off your trip, let’s book a 2016 trip in your budget. Email me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com or contact me on my Facebook Page HERE. Hope to see you this fall at WDW!