There are major changes coming to one of my favorite spots, the former Downtown Disney. So much exciting stuff is happening there! Here are my picks for the top 10 changes to look forward to when Disney Springs is complete.
In 2016, when completed, Disney Springs will double the number of shops and restaurants and grow to more than 1 million square feet, which means I am going to have to schedule a whole day during my trip just for doing DS!
Top 10 places I am looking forward to checking out:
10. Edison: Inspired by The Edison venue in Los Angeles, this “Industrial Gothic” -style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination is themed to a 1920s-period power plant, I love some classic American food, cocktails and live music. This will be a great adult hangout!
9. Sprinkles: Food Network coined this as the World’s First Cupcake Bakery! Everything is handmade and fresh from ice cream to cookies. And the best part: a cupcake ATM!! You can stop by and pick out a gourmet cupcake even when they’re closed! Midnight snack anyone?
8. PANDORA: The popular jewelry brand offers classic yet modern charm bracelets, along with necklaces, rings and earrings. I don’t wear much jewelry, but I do LOVE the PANDORA Disney charms and Theme Park line. They have a charm with Spaceship Earth and the Monorail that is awesome.
7. Paradiso 37: This restaurant is going through renovations to add more seating, which is great because it’s always boooked full when I try to get a reservation. They are adding a whole new section of waterfront terrace seating, with a stage for live music!
6. Planet Hollywood: This restaurants renovations are going to be a must-see! I already enjoy the Orlando location a lot and with the new outdoor bar Stargazers, and live entertainment, Planet Hollywood is going to make a huge comeback as a popular hangout. It’s a great place to have dinner on your arrival night to Disney. It’s affordable, has food for everyone, and you don’t have to use a Park ticket.
5. Lilly Pullitzer: This fun and trendy store will be offering their clothing and accessories, optimistic outlook, and happy prints to those who’ve loved the brand for years and all the new Lilly Girls out there. Stop in for a cute outfit for a day in the Parks or dinner at one of the new Disney Springs restaurants.
4. Tommy Bahama: Iconic island lifestyle brand Tommy Bahama include island-inspired sportswear, denim, and swimwear for men and women in luxuriously soft silks and cottons, richly woven textures and eclectic prints. Perfect place to pick up some cool pieces for my Caribbean Disney Cruise!
3. Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: With a storyline centered on the pilot from the “Indiana Jones” films, this aviation themed lounge will feature unique drinks and small plates. Themed décor like propeller-based ceiling fans, vintage travel posters and correspondence between Jock and Indy will immerse guests in a world of adventure.
2. Morimoto Asia: World-renowned chef Masaharu Morimoto’s new restaurant will feature dishes and flavors from across Asia. I love watching him cook on Iron Chef America, and actually tasting his original dishes is something I am really looking forward too. I think it will be a nice addition to DS; it mixes up the choices for dining inspires families to try something new and exciting with their kids.
1. Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC: Offering a full selection of gluten-free, vegan baked goods such as award-winning donuts, cupcakes, cookies, bagels (with vegan butter) and savory items. I think I am most excited to visit this new place! I love when companies are brave enough to try something new and healthy with their menus, and who doesn’t love baked goods!? I’m going to need a to-go box!
With all the new retailers and restaurants coming to the New Disney Springs,, what are you looking forward to most? Will you account for a day at Disney Springs in your trip, or just visit select locations?
Ready to plan your next (or first) visit to Walt Disney World? I can help you with that! I love to help my clients prep for a trip that includes all the extras beside the Theme Parks, such as Disney Springs. I am a Disney Specialist with World of Magic Travel, Chip and Co.’s only FREE travel agency. Email me at Summer@WorldofMagicTravel.com or follow me on Facebook HERE. There is still time to book your vacation with FREE DINING this Fall!