Summer is just around the corner, but things are heating up at Disney World already! It can be important to plan some time to cool off on your Walt Disney World vacation. Keeping cool and hydrated are critical when the Florida temperatures soar. Trying to figure out where to go to stay cool? Let’s take a look at the top 10 places to cool off at Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon is the tropical themed water park where you are sure to have wild and wet fun. It boasts a surf pool, water slides, lazy river, kids’ water play area, and the famous Crush ‘n’ Gusher. With 7 dining locations and 2 merchandise stores, you won’t go hungry nor do you have to worry about forgetting the sun screen.
- Blizzard Beach lovers are sure to tell you how cool it is to chill out here. There is an awesome chair lift to take you up to 3 slopes that includes Summit Plummet. Blizzard Beach also showcases a pre-teen water area and a playland for little ones. Blizzard Beach hosts 8 dining locations and 3 merchandise shops including one location where you can get free life vests for the day.
- Kali River Rapids can be found in the Asia section of the Animal Kingdom park. Make sure to use the lockers close by before you depart on this tempestuous water ride. Things might get a little bumpy and you are likely to end up very wet on your travels through the jungle landscape.
- At Magic Kingdom, Splash Mountain is a zip-a-dee-do-da good time for all. The water log ride features the story of Brer Rabbit and his pals set to the tune “Song of the South.” This ride goes slow enough most of the time that you can enjoy the scenery detail Disney created for this ride. For the best chances of getting wet, ask the Cast Member for a front seat.
- Club Cool may be the coolest place yet at Epcot. Free pop! This place it your chance to get out of the heat and get something to drink for free! Club Cool features various pop from around the world to try. The best part may be watching people’s reactions when trying the “Beverly” pop because it has such an interesting flavor.
- Disney Quest located at Downtown Disney housed 5 floors of virtual fun as Disney’s indoor interactive theme park. At Disney Quest, you can become a pirate and search for treasure, take part in a pinball game, learn how to draw your favorite Disney character, battle super villians, encounter aliens and much more. The fun is endless and can be a great way to cool off out of the heat.
- Also at Downtown Disney is Splitsville. Splitsville boasts a 30-lane bowling alley with a full food menu, great music, and fun for everyone. For those who do not care to bowl, Spiltsville also has several billiard tables. Rack ’em up! There are also several lockers to stow your valuables in so you don’t have to lug everything around with you.
- What better way to realx and stay cool than at your Resort Pool? Grab a drink at the bar, snag a lounge chair, or go for a dip you can’t go wrong with any choice. If you are at a resort with a pool slide, then go get in line! Whether you are young or old, pool slides can be a great diversion from the heat.
- Misting Stations can be found at several locations around Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. If none of the above suggestions work for your vacation schedule, then just walk into a misting station and get wet. There is no easier way to cool off quickly than to go through a misting station.
- Book a Table Service Dining reservation for lunch. Table Service dining guarantees you lunch in an air conditioned location and a good 1 1/2 hours out of the Florida sun. Plus eating at a Table Service Dining location during lunch is typically cheaper than eating at the same location for dinner. Win-win!
Reply below with some of your best places to cool off while at Disney World. We would love to know where you go to stay cool!
Wishing you a magically cool time – Michele
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.