I know this is a broad title that encompass so many different things. But, I have come up with my top ten things that I cannot miss when at Disney during the holiday season. I love Disney at Christmas time. There are little things that they do to make the season so magical and big things that you would never want to miss. Here are my top ten favorites.
- The Animal Kingdom Lodge staff parade. Last year I was staying at the AKL in mid December. I was in the lobby waiting for the rest of my party when I started to hear Christmas songs. The staff dressed in Santa hats and armed with tambourines marched through the lobby singing and creating general holiday cheer. The lobby here is pretty special too!
- Cinderella Castle. There is no time of year when the castle looks quite so spectacular. The lights look like magical icicles on the castle and it is simply breathtaking.
- Christmas Pins. I am a total pin nerd and I admit it! I love the holiday pins, but I especially love the Christmas ones.
- The horse drawn carriages at Fort Wilderness. Ok, so it’s not dashing through the snow. But the horses are in their Christmas best and the drivers are dressed the part as well. You don’t have to go for a ride to enjoy them either. Just sit on the porch of the trails end and watch them as they come by. Also make sure not to miss the camper lights at Fort Wilderness. We always try to walk around Fort Wilderness for a little entertainment. The campers often set up their own lights and decorations and they are very fun to see!
- Hot Cocoa on . Yup, Its Florida and it can be quite warm, but nothing says Christmas like some delicious hot cocoa and I just love sipping it as I walk down Main St at night!
- The Gingerbread Carousel. Take a moment to tour the lobby of the Beach Club and you will find a giant gingerbread carousel. This carousel is nothing short of amazing. It is not only beautiful but looks totally delicious as well! Also the Giant Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian is something you won’t want to miss!
- Holidays Around the World at Epcot. I love touring all the countries, but during the holiday season it is even more fun! There are fantastic story tellers, entertainers, and music at every country. It is a great way to learn while having fun!
- Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom. This is my favorite holiday parade. I am not really sure why, but I love the lively music and creative floats. Plus I like Mickey and Minnie’s safari outfits best of all!
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This light show is phenomenal and really a can’t miss show if you are lucky enough to be in town during the holidays!
- Candlelight Processional in Epcot. Where else can you see a moving presentation of the traditional Christmas story told by celebrity narrators who are joined by a mass choir and 50-piece orchestra.
What are some of your favorite Holiday Events and Activities to do at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Top 10 Disney Holiday Gift Guide by Brenda (chipandco.com)
- Top 10 Disney World Holiday Favorites by Chris (chipandco.com)