While Walt Disney World is known for its variety of entertainment and characters, it’s also known for its variety of delicious food! In fact, there are several snacks and dishes that have become almost as popular as the Magic Kingdom’s Space Mountain or Animal Kingdom’s Expedition Everest. Check out my Top 10 list of favorite Disney foods!
10. POG Juice-A combo of pineapple, orange, and guava juice, this sweet, delicious juice is fantastic and can become addictive! You can enjoy this refreshing beverage at the Polynesian’s ‘Ohana character breakfast or at Animal Kingdom’s Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House.
9. Mickey Waffles-At many places throughout Walt Disney World, you can feast on this popular breakfast dish of waffles made in the shape of Mickeys!
8. Columbia Harbor House Clam Chowder-At the Magic Kingdom’s Columbia Harbor House, you can enjoy a generous serving of delicious New England clam chowder that rivals any you may find at a restaurant!
7. School Bread-At Epcot’s Norway pavilion, you can drop by the popular Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe to try a coconut covered, custard filled pastry! It’s a big favorite among guests!
6. Turkey Leg-This gigantic snack is a must-have among many park guests and its smoky, delicious smell is enough to make your stomach rumble! If you have a carnivore in your family, definitely put this on your to-do list or give it a try if you’re looking for a filling snack.
5. Tonga Toast-This dish can only be found at the Polynesian Resort’s Kona Cafe and Captain Cook’s Snack Company; and it is known as one of the best breakfast foods at WDW. Why? It’s a sourdough, cinnamon French Toast stuffed with bananas. Yum! Be sure to drop by the Polynesian and give it a try!
4. The Kitchen Sink-At the Yacht and Beach Club’s Beaches and Cream, you can treat yourself to a massive ice cream sundae that is literally served in a sink! You’re guaranteed not to leave hungry!
3. Cheddar Cheese Soup-At Epcot’s Canada pavilion, you can find one of Walt Disney World’s most popular restaurants, Le Cellier. One of their most famous appetizers is their fabulous Cheddar Cheese Soup that you just have to try!
2. Dole Whip-This frosty, sweet snack is pineapple soft-serve that is a sure cure after a hot, sticky day at the parks. You can also enjoy a Dole Whip float which is the soft serve in pineapple juice! Believe me, this treat is amazing, especially if you enjoy fresh pineapple! You can only enjoy this sweet treat at a few select places at WDW, and our favorites are Aloha Isle at the Magic Kingdom and the Polynesian’s Captain Cook’s Snack Company!
1. Le Cellier’s Filet Mignon with Mushroom Risotto-This dish is probably the best steak you will find at Walt Disney World, especially combined with the special sauce and mushrooms. Once you have had that first bite, Le Cellier will probably become your new favorite Disney restaurant!
Are any of these Disney foods some of your favorites? What is your favorite Disney food? Be sure to share with us!
Dining: Banana Foster Mickey Waffles (aglassslippervacation.com)
Good Eats – Kona Cafe, Polynesian Resort – Walt Disney World
- Top 5 Theming Triumphs at Walt Disney World (couponingtodisney.com)
- “Walt Disney World Pro” iPhone App Updated with Newest Information, Photos and More (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!