Disneyland is one of the most magical places, and viewing the parks through the eyes of your toddler makes it even more so. While there are a lot of attractions and rides aimed at older kids/adults, there are still plenty of things for your toddler to enjoy! Here’s my top 10 list of attractions for toddlers at the Disneyland Resort:
- Mickey’s Toontown– There’s so much for little ones to do at Mickey’s Toontown! Visit Mickey and Minnie in their homes, explore Goofy’s house and garden, and climb aboard Donald’s boat. If your toddler is tall enough (35″) they can zip around on Gadget’s Go Coaster too!
- Disney Junior-Live on Stage!– Located in Hollywood Land in California Adventure, Disney Junior-Live on Stage! is a 23 minute interactive show featuring your toddler’s favorite Disney Junior characters. Clap, sing, and dance along with Mickey Mouse, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It’s also a great place to take a break from the hot California sun!
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island– A great place to stretch your legs and explore! Check out the view from atop the hideout of Tom & Huck’s tree house, dig up some loot at the Treasure Dig, climb up Castle Rock, and explore caverns and coves. There’s plenty of adventure here for you and your toddler!
- Fantasyland– I know, it’s a whole land! But Fantasyland is geared towards young children (and the young at heart). Toddlers can ride everything in this land. Some of my toddler’s favorites are Dumbo, Peter Pan’s Flight, Casey Jr. Circus Train, and Alice in Wonderland. *A few of the rides in Fantasyland are dark rides and can be somewhat scary for little ones*
- Tarzan’s Treehouse– Climb high into this huge tree and see Tarzan’s story some alive. As you near the top, you’ll be treated with amazing views of Adventureland! Once you’re back on the ground, you can check out Jane’s collection of equipment and gear. Your toddler will enjoy playing on musical pots and pulling vines that produce fun surprises!
- Big Thunder Ranch– The one and only petting zoo at Disneyland, this is the perfect place for little ones to encounter goats, pigs, horses, sheep and donkeys. You can pet, brush and even feed the friendly critters. This is a great area for all who love animals!
- Disneyland Railroad– What kid (or grown up) doesn’t love a good train ride? The Disneyland Railroad begins at the Main St. station, with stops at New Orleans Square, Mickey’s Toontown, and Tomorrowland. My son’s favorite part of the ride is between the Tomorrowland stop and the Main St. Station. On your way to the Main St. Station, you’ll enter a tunnel and get to see the Grand Canyon and Primeval World dioramas. My son especially loves seeing the dinosaurs!
- Princess Dot Puddle Park– Located in “a bug’s land” in California Adventure, your toddler will love splashing in this water play area! Fountains of water spring up from the ground unexpectedly as well as from the giant sprinkler nozzle. This is a great place to cool off before heading to your next attraction.
- Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome– These royal sisters have a new home in Hollywood Land in California Adventure. Frozen is still extremely popular and meeting Anna & Elsa will probably be the highlight of your toddlers trip. This is one of the best character interactions at Disneyland and is definitely a can’t miss!
- “a bug’s land”– Just like Fantasyland is aimed towards younger guests, “a bug’s land” in California Adventure is aimed towards little bugs. Shrink to the size of a bug and experience what it’s like to be a bug! There are 3 rides that toddlers of any height can go on. My daughter loves Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train and Flik’s Flyers. Once your toddler is 36″ tall, they can also enjoy Tuck & Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies, another favorite of my daughter.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!