No matter how many times I go to Walt Disney World, certain sights, sounds, attractions, and experiences still elicit excitement and smiles from me as if it was my first trip! How Disney World makes me feel is one of the many reasons that keep me coming back year after year; and today, I’m sharing my favorite Disney feelings from the surge of adrenaline through my favorite thrill rides to the sweet taste of a classic Disney snack! Let’s see if any of these are your favorites too!
10. Flying over London on Peter Pan’s Flight-This original opening day attraction has been a favorite among guests for generations, and that’s because I get to experience what it’s like to fly out of Darling children’s nursery and over a tiny, glowing London while aboard a flying pirate ship! This part of the attraction really makes me feel like a kid again; and for just a moment, I believe!
9. Walking into your Disney Resort room for the first time-I’m a huge fan of the Disney resorts because they let the Disney magic continue even after I’ve left the parks; and one of my favorite Disney feelings is that anticipation of opening my resort room door, wondering what Disney touches I will find inside and what my new Disney home will be for the next few days! See, I’m getting excited just talking about it!
8. Biting into the ear of a Mickey Mouse Premium Bar-This Mickey shaped ice cream bar, covered in a layer of thin chocolate, is a Disney World classic and is somewhat of a rite of passage for anyone visiting WDW for the first time. Plus, in the humid, Florida heat, it’s one the best ways to cool off.
7. Riding Soarin’-No matter how many times I ride Soarin’, I still get butterflies in my stomach when the hang glider lifts off the ground; but it really gets exhilarating when the glider breaks through the clouds and I see the Golden Gate Bridge below! It feels so real and is probably the closest feeling I can get to flying!
6. Walking onto my favorite attraction without a wait-This is definitely one of my favorite feelings, walking up to my favorite attraction and finding that I don’t have to stand in line! This even beats the feeling of walking past a long line of people when you have a FastPass. Short wait times is real Disney magic, folks.
5. Hearing these words: “Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.”-When you ride Disney’s Monorail, which is another Disney rite of passage by the way, you will hear the audible instructions of “Please stand clear of the doors.” Afterwards, these words are repeated in Spanish; and over the years, they have been used to recall to memory the feeling of being aboard Disney’s special transportation system as you head to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot for a day of magic, or back to your Disney resort for some pampering! You may not get it now; but once you ride and hear this for yourself, you will understand.
4. The adrenaline rush on Rock n’ Roller Coaster-This attraction is famous for literally catapulting guests from 0 to 60 mph in less than three seconds straight into a loop while Aerosmith is blasting in your ears! Wow! This, my fellow Mouseketeers, is the ultimate adrenaline rush! Just be warned that your hair will probably not be the same after you ride; but it’s definitely worth the sacrifice.
3. Meeting Mickey Mouse-No matter how old you are, there’s nothing like meeting Mickey Mouse when you’re at Walt Disney World. Even though your subconscious knows that it’s just someone in a costume, you don’t care. You will find yourself feeling a little star struck, you will grin uncontrollably, and won’t hesitate for a moment to give Mickey that high five. Why? Because this is an integral part of the Disney experience; and, as Walt Disney himself once said, “It was all started by a mouse.” So as you walk away with a spring in your step and a fresh autograph in your gift shop autograph book, you know that you really have met someone important. It’s a good feeling and one of my faves. But where can you find him? I have my own favorite places which you can check out here!
2. Getting your own pair of personalized Mouse Ears-A Disney tradition, getting your own pair of personalized Mouse Ears and wearing them through the parks is not only freeing but also a sort of time machine in that you feel like you’re suddenly five years old again. But it’s not weird, it’s perfectly acceptable and encouraged; and it feels great!
1. Seeing Cinderella Castle at the end of Main Street U.S.A.-Okay, this is definitely my favorite Disney feelings and it never gets old! You see, the entrances to the Magic Kingdom are strategically placed off to the far left and far right. So when you enter the parks, you have to go around the Main Street U.S.A. square before you finally see the castle standing gloriously at the end of the street! Seeing it is indescribable and the best way to start your vacation.
What are your favorite Disney feelings? Are any of these your favorites too?
Resorts: Differences Between Value and Deluxe Resort Rooms (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Top 10 Things Disney Rookies Must Do’s (chipandco.com)
- Dapper Dans Perform Boy Band Hits at Disney Parks for ‘Limited Time Magic’ (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!