After trekking the parks at Disneyland Resort all day, nothing hits the spot like the spoonfuls of sugar in Disney sweet treats and desserts. Here are my personal top 10 best Disney Dining desserts/sweets in the Disneyland resort.
10. Tigger Tails: These delicious treats can be found in Pooh’s Corner in Critter Country. It’s a skewer of marshmallows, covered in caramel and chocolate. We only recently discovered this dessert during our last trip because we typically try to avoid the gift shops at all cost. One bite and I was kicking myself for not wondering into that shop earlier.
9. Character Caramel Apples: There is a bit of a debate over whether Disneyland Park or Downtown Disney’s Marceline’s Confectionery has the better caramel/candy apples. I tend to favor Disneyland Park, specifically the Caramel Apple Bar at Candy Palace on Main Street. They’re almost too cute to eat…almost.
8. Churro Bites: This is the first sweet entry from the Cozy Cone at DCA. Churros are heavenly by themselves. Now try one cut up with chocolate sauce. Yeah, it’s pretty scrumptious.
7. Fantasmic Dessert Tray: You are given this tray of assorted desserts when you pay for Fantasmic premium viewing. We loved everything in it, except the cheese. However, our oldest daughter loves cheese, so we saved it in our hotel refrigerator as snacks for later. Also served is your drink of choice. For me, fresh coffee made the tray even better.
6. Chef Cookie’s Deep Dish: We absolutely LOVE Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. It has quickly become one of our favorite restaurants in the whole park. What tops their spectacular dinner off is their Chef Cookie’s Deep Dish for dessert. It’s a hot chocolate chip cookie dish with ice cream and hot fudge on top. It’s huge, so our family usually splits it.
5. Vodka & Pomegranate Limeade: This is the second entry from Cozy Cone. I know this is a drink, but it’s this mom’s favorite “treat” in DCA. Make it even better and order it with their dill pickle flavored popcorn.
4. Earthquake Sunday: This is Disneyland Resort’s version of Walt Disney World’s Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream. This enormous sunday can be found at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop in the Pacific Warf area in DCA. It consists of Eight scoops of ice cream, eight toppings, fresh bananas, whipped cream, chopped almonds, chocolate sauce, and cherries. Our family of 4 splits one every trip and we always come out in a sugar coma.
3. Dole Whip Float: It’s an oldie but goodie. Nothing beats eating/drinking a Dole Whip Float while sitting in the Enchanted Tiki Room on a hot day.
2. Jazz Kitchen Beignets: There are three places to get beignets at Disneyland Resort: Café Orleans, the Mint Julip Bar, and Jazz Kitchen Express. While the two places in Disneyland park offer Mickey beignets, our preference is Jazz Kitchen Express. One, they’re bigger; two, they’re always fresh; and third, we walk past it each night of our vacation on our way back to the Disneyland Hotel (always our hotel of choice). It’s a nice way to end your day.
1. Matterhorn Maccaroon: This dessert has been my favorite treat for many years. They are delicious cakes topped with white chocolate and coconut shavings creating a striking resemblance of its namesake. No trip of mine is complete without getting one of these delicious treats.
So what are your thoughts? What did I miss? Let me know!
If you need help planning your next Disneyland Vacation, please contact my good friend, Loretta (Loretta@destinationstoexplore.com) with Destinations in Florida.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!