The Disney Cruise Line makes cruising a truly amazing experience. And on board, there is so much to see and do that you might not know what to do first, especially if you are new to cruising. Here are our Top 10 things you don’t want to miss on your next Disney Cruise…and many of them are included with your fare!
1. Ride the AquaDuck- If you are sailing on the Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy, then you don’t want to miss the cruise industry’s first-ever shipboard water coaster! This totally awesome flume ride above the upper deck of the ship gives you a great view of the sea as you blast through tube that extends out over the ocean. This 765 foot ride is sure to provide fun for the whole family!
2. Go to the Pirate Deck Party- Disney Cruise Line is the ONLY cruise line to offer fireworks at sea. This extravaganza is part of the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party. You can dress up in your favorite pirate gear (or come as you are!) for a swashbuckling fun time. This pirate-themed evening includes stunt performers, Disney characters, music and dancing!
3. Top-notch Technology- The Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream feature technological innovations that bring the ship and your favorite Disney characters to life. From enchanted art “paintings” to magical portholes found in Inside Staterooms, you never know what is waiting for you! Children will enjoy the Magic Play Floor and chatting, playing and joking with their favorite characters in the kids clubs.
4. Enjoy a quiet meal at Remy– Exclusively for guests 18 years and older, Remy brings together classic and contemporary French-inspired cuisine, presented by two award-winning chefs and stellar service. This restaurant, located on the top-deck, provides sweeping ocean views and a sophisticated dining experience featuring ingredients sourced from around the world. Additional fees apply for this experience.
5. Broadway-style Shows- Just as you are used to inside the Disney parks, at sea you can experience the same caliber of shows at the Walt Disney Theater. This 1340 seat venue on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, and 977 seat venue on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder puts on some of the most elaborate musicals you have ever seen and bring Disney productions to life unlike anything you have ever seen. There are shows unique to each ship and favorites offered across all ships.
6. Eat at Animator’s Palate- At this dining experience, you can enjoy dinner and a show in a creative, magical environment. Scenes from your favorite Disney movies come alive with color throughout the meal. On the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, the restaurant transforms into an undersea world where Crush, from “Finding Nemo” swims around the room and chats with diners.
7. Imaginative Kids’ Clubs- Children can enjoy nearly an entire deck customized just for them! The littlest sailors are cared for in colorful, whimsical nurseries, while bigger kids can play in the Oceaneers Club, supervised by specially trained counselors, featuring long hours of operation and flexibility for parents. Most of all, there is a TON of fun to be had by the kids!
8. Vibe- Teens can enjoy an ultra-cool teen only hangout to chill-out with music, internet access, plasma-screen TVs, MP3 players, games, karaoke, snacks and much more! This also serves as their meeting place for activities and programs throughout the cruise. The Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy provides teens with their own private deck for fun in the sun with friends!
9. Adult Indulgences – Disney Cruises aren’t just designed for kids. Adults can find a number of ways to relax and enjoy themselves through events, activities and areas designed just for them. From upscale bars and lounges to casual and trendy pubs, adults can enjoy nightlife! Looking for something more relaxing, then don’t miss the oceanview spa and adult-exclusive pool. These provide a tranquil retreat! Palo, Disney’s other signature restaurant at sea, specializes in northern Italian cuisine and amazing ocean views. Additional fees apply for the spa and Palo.
10. Castaway Cay- Last but not least, Disney’s Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island in the Bahamas. This paradise features crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sand beaches and tropical lush landscapes. With 1000 acres to play, you can find unique areas for every member of the family- from private massages in a cabana to swimming, snorkeling, boating and biking! You won’t know what to do first! Additional fees apply for select activities.
Disney Cruises are wonderful ways to bring entire families together! I’d love to help plan you next gathering at sea. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat and be sure to follow me on Facebook of the latest Disney updates, promotions and news.
What is your favorite part of a Disney Cruise? Did we miss anything?
Be sure to check out the Top 10 things to do before your Disney Cruise too!