Fellow addicts can spot another Disney Addict from a mile away. They often can be seen wearing some sort of Mickey apparel, carrying a Disney tote of some kind and almost ALWAYS are rocking a Disney car decal. But did you know you can tell from the way they speak too? When you find yourself at your Disney Resort it’s important to note what your “neighbors” are saying so you can spot the other Addicts! Here are 10 things you will NEVER hear a Disney addict say at their resort!
1. “Let’s skip the gift shop”– Are there hundreds of opportunities to shop in the parks, Downtown Disney (soon to be renamed Disney Springs)? Yes. But there are so many hidden gems at your resort’s shop too! You may not come across a Wilderness Lodge trading pin anywhere else! And what about a shirt that shows everyone at your next barbecue that you stayed at the Contemporary?
2. “The other buildings are probably just like the one we’re staying in”– Disney Addicts know the care and planning that goes into every minute detail of your resort. They know to explore and search out the nooks and crannies of their resort…and maybe even go resort hopping to explore more!
3. “Let’s wait to eat around noon”– Mistake, rookie. That’s peak food court time at all the Disney resorts. A true Addict will go right before or right after the lunch rush so they can really take their time deciding what they want and what seating offers the best view of the scenery!
4. “I don’t see anything here that I want to eat”– You’d be hard pressed to find a food court or on property restaurant that didn’t wow you and offer so many choices that you had trouble choosing. A true DA knows this and has more trouble deciding if they want to have a “Make-your-own-pasta” dish at Port Orleans Riverside or travel down the river to French Quarter for some jambalaya.
5. “I don’t know where i’d want to stay if I could chose any resort”– Disney Addicts have a bucket list! We all have that dream room or suite that we’ve priced out more times than we can remember. Even if it’s out of our budget, we hold on to the dream of “someday”. Every DA has one of those dream resort visits planned!
6. “I’ll just see if they have any rooms available when we get there”– I hope everyone reading this gasped aloud. As a Travel Magician I have heard people say this and ask my opinion on it. There may be places you can do this but none of them start with the word “Disney”. A true DA knows that there are some things you can wing and others that need to be planned. Unless you want your heart broken- book your room well in advance. Like the minute you’ve decided to go!
7. “There’s nothing to do at the resort, let’s get park tickets for every day”– Disney prides itself on creating an immersive environment at the resorts so when you leave the park for the day you don’t face “Disney let down”. The rooms are magical, the pools are brilliantly themed and all the resorts have acres of property to roam, rent bikes, rent a boat, you name it! There is so much to do at your resort, we Addicts know to set aside extra time to just take it all in.
8. “I’ll just carry my purchases around (in parks or Downtown)”– said no Disney Addict EVER. We’re hip to the convenience of having our purchases sent to our resort gift shop. This also gives us an excuse to shop a little more when we go pick up our items.
9. “It’s too much Disney”– How dare they?! You’ll never hear a true Disney Addict feel overwhelmed at their resort by Disney overexposure. Why? Because, friends, that doesn’t exist! The resorts range in theme so broadly that you can easily find one that fits your travel party’s needs and desires. If you want more of a tropical beach feel after a day of park hopping try the Caribbean Beach Resort. If you can’t get enough of the animals at Animal Kingdom, of course Animal Kingdom Lodge was built with you in mind.
10. “We should have stayed at the <insert ordinary hotel chain name here> instead”– Crazy talk. Even the non-Addicts usually leave converted. The ambiance and careful design of the resorts is unmatched. Rarely do you come across a Disney Addict that doesn’t feel the pull on their soul to stay on property and live, eat and breath Disney for a week or two!
What have YOU heard someone say that made you question their Addict-hood? Did I miss any terrible ones??
As a fellow Disney Addict I know you want your next trip to be perfect. I want it to be perfect too! Contact me today to get your FREE no obligation quote and let’s talk Disney! Email me and follow me on Facebook!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.