From November 8th – January 5th, the Streets Of America at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will come alive with millions of glittering Christmas lights as part of The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Dancing Lights. This, in my opinion, is the highlight of visiting Walt Disney World at Christmastime! Here’s what you need to know to make the most of your visit to this brilliant Christmas light show:
- The lights will turn on each night at dusk (usually around 6 p.m.). If you arrive early, you might be able to see the flipping of the light switch – a short ceremony which features some Disney characters.
- About every 10 minutes, the lights will begin to dance to special holiday music. This is definitely something to see, so you’ll want to be sure to stick around long enough to see the lights dance.
- Because no Christmas celebration would be complete without snow, The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Dancing Lights also features snow on the ! It won’t snow the entire time you’re there, but every now and then you might see some extra Disney magic falling from the sky.
- New to the festivities this year are the Glow With The Show ear hats. These special hats are designed to glow in sync with the dancing lights.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Dancing Lights can get quite crowded, especially right after the lights turn on. To experience the lights with fewer crowds, visit during a showing of Fantasmic or close to park closing.
One of the great things about Disney is they don’t kick you out of the park right at closing. The Osborne Lights will stay on for about an hour after park closing, so stick around to see them with minimal crowds. This is also a great time to photograph the lights!
- While you take in all the beautiful Christmas lights, be sure to keep an eye out for some hidden items left be the imagineers. They have been known to hide numerous hidden Mickeys throughout the display. You can also find a hidden Halloween cat which was accidentally sent to Disney by the Osborne family. The imagineers put the cat in a different area of the display every year.
Have you visited The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios? Let us know your tips for veiwing this fantastic display of Christmas lights in the comments below!