On Thursday, Aug. 9, at 10 a.m. PT, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will begin selling tickets for the next D23 Expo, which will open one year later and run from Aug. 9-11, 2013, at the Anaheim Convention Center. The largest Disney fan event in the world, the D23 Expo celebrates the entire world of Disney entertainment and brings together all parts of The Walt Disney Company under one roof, including The Walt Disney Studios; Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; Disney Consumer Products; Media Networks (including ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, and Radio Disney) and Disney Interactive. D23 Expo 2013 marks the third Expo held in Anaheim, following Expos in 2009 and 2011.
More than 40,000 Disney fans from around the world gathered at the Anaheim Convention Center in 2011 for the second D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event. In anticipation of even bigger attendance, D23 Expo 2013 will feature: an overflow theater for the D23 Arena, which will accommodate more than 2,000 guests for live streaming of the popular Arena presentations; nearly double the size of presentation venue Stage 23 (formerly 1,000 seats); and an expanded show floor, to include Halls A, B, C and D, as well as a larger Collectors’ Forum to provide even more magical experiences for guests.
As in previous Expos, D23 Expo 2013 will showcase all of the latest stars in the Disney universe. In 2011, celebrity appearances included Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Jennifer Garner, Dick Van Dyke, Willem Dafoe, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Jason Segel, Marty Sklar, Alice Davis, Michael Giacchino, Tony Baxter, Tom Bergeron, Regis Philbin, Jodi Benson, Lea Salonga, Linda Larkin, Paige O’Hara, Anika Noni Rose, David Arquette, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Kelly Macdonald, Kevin McKidd, Taylor Kitsch, Wilmer Valderrama, Melissa Joan Hart, Sean Astin, Chelsea Kane, and Kyle Massey, along with Disney executives and creative talent. They came together to bring special presentations, announcements, and performances to Disney fans throughout the three-day extravaganza.
D23 Expo 2013 will also feature the Disney Legends Awards–a stirring biennial event that pays tribute to the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to the Disney legacy; an all-new Fan Art Contest themed to the upcoming 50th anniversary of Mary Poppins; the 12,000 square-foot Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit featuring costumes, props, and set pieces from Disney’s rich history; plus amazing live events, celebrity appearances, panels and presentations, sneak peeks, and unique experiences that celebrate the past, present, and future of Disney.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2013 will be available at a discounted price for a limited time. From August 9–December 31, 2012, tickets will be $47 for a one-day adult admission and $37 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be $40 for a one-day adult admission and $32 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available for both D23 Members and the general public, and D23 Members can save as much as $204 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for members and general admission, visit www.D23Expo.com.
In addition to these special advance-purchase savings, D23 Members can also buy D23 Expo VIP Sorcerer Packages, extremelylimited tickets that are only available to members. These packages offer incredible, exclusive opportunities.
The SORCERER PACKAGE includes:
· Three-day admission ticket
· Reserved seating at all presentations in the D23 Arena and Stage 23
· Commemorative Sorcerer credential
· Pre-Expo tour of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
· Exclusive shopping time in the D23 Expo Dream Store and the Treasure Trove the day before the Expo is open to guests
· Exclusive tour of the D23 Expo show floor the day before the Expo is open to the public
· Private welcome reception
· Special entrance to the Expo each morning
· Hardbound Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives catalog
· Hardbound Disney Legends ceremony commemorative program
· A voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist
· Exclusive D23 Expo 2013 tote bag filled with gifts
· “Fond Farewell” reception on final day of Expo
· In addition, Sorcerer-level members have access to the Sorcerer Member Lounge
Sorcerer Package tickets will be available exclusively to both Gold- and Silver- level D23 Members at $1,500 per ticket. Members will also have the option to purchase up to two Sorcerer tickets. Additional details and benefit are highlighted at www.D23Expo.com.
D23 Members receive early admission to the Expo showfloor, and D23 will once again give a special thanks to D23 Charter Members, providing them special access to the Expo’s Charter Member Lounge.
Visit www.D23Expo.com to relive some of the extraordinary experiences from the first two Expo events and get a peek at what’s to come in 2013.
- Disney Skyliners have an accident at Hollywood Studios Station - April 22, 2021
- Universal Orlando Passholders get a sneak peek to Jurassic World VelociCoaster - April 22, 2021
- Disney World To Develop Two New Solar Facilities - April 22, 2021