There are actually six types of Butterbeer you can get at Universal Orlando’s Wizarding World. Butterbeer comes as hot, cold/regular, frozen drinks, fudge, ice cream, and potted cream. We have three of these recipes you can make at home.
Three Butterbeer Recipes From Universal Orlando You Ca
1. Butterbeer Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 7.5 oz jar of marshmallow creme
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugarpacked
- 1 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. imitation butter extract
- 11 oz. butterscotch chips
Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with tin foil and spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
In a saucepan, add in the butter, half and half, marshmallow cream, granulated and brown sugars. Stir to combine. Place over medium heat and stir constantly.
Once the mixture comes up to a boil. let boil for 5 minutes. Don’t mistaken the air pockets from mixing for boiling.
Once the mixture has boiled for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and add in the extracts and butterscotch chips. Mix until the chips are completely melted.
Pour into the prepared pan and give it a few taps to smooth the top.
Place in the fridge and let chill. Cut and serve.
This was such an easy recipe and if you have made Butterbeer before or are a baker you may have most of these ingredients at home. It was a hit with everyone in the family and helped bring some Harry Potter fun home.
2. Regular/Cold Butterbeer
Regular Butterbeer is my favorite. A lot of people go for frozen but I just love the flavor. Either way they are a delicious staple of the Wizarding World.
- 1/3 cup butterscotch syrup
- 1-liter vanilla cream soda, chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp caramel extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- cream soda with caramel extract and butterscotch syrup in bowl. Mix well with spoon. Set aside.
- In the mixer, with whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until it begins to form peaks.
- Gently fold in the melted butter, then vanilla extract, followed by the powdered sugar. Whip until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the cream soda mixture into a clear mug or glass. Top with the cream topping. Serve and enjoy!
3. Hot Butterbeer
Unfortunately, this delicious Butterbeer beverage is sold seasonally in Orlando. But now you can make it at home and enjoy it all year!
- 1 Liter of Cream Soda
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 Werther’s originals
- Bring the cream soda in a pot to boil.
- In a separate pot melt the butter and brown sugar together until combined.
- Pour into the boiling cream soda (cream soda must be boiling or the mixture will solidify)
- Add the heavy whipping cream.
- Add Werther’s Originals and stir continuously until combined.
- Serve hot.
If you are planning a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter make sure to try the other types of Butterbeer too! The Butterbeer ice cream is delicious and refreshing in the Florida heat.
View this post on Instagram
🍦What’s even better than Butterbeer? Butterbeer ice cream, of course! We can’t wait to go back to Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour to enjoy it!🍦 – – 📸: @justasunshinestateofmind – – – #universal #universalstudios #universalorlando #universalstudiosorlando #butterbeer #butterbeericecream #chipandco
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- First look Inside the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store - August 26, 2021
- There is a Harry Potter Themed Coffee Shop for Muggles - August 25, 2021
- New details revealed for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 - August 12, 2021