With Halloween Time coming up at the Disneyland Resort, spooky preparations are taking place all around Disneyland park. A guest favorite each year is Haunted Mansion Holiday. Soon Jack Skellington and co. will take over the Haunted Mansion, complete with a new Gingerbread House. As we get ready for the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday, here are some fun facts you might not know:
- More than 400 flickering candles and 100 Jack-O-Lanterns create a ghostly glow on the façade of the Haunted Mansion.
- Jack’s faithful dog Zero gathered more than 200 bones to use as décor, garland, and presents.
- More than two dozen additional animated figures “materialize” inside the Haunted Mansion during Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Imagineer Kim Irvine, daughter of the original Madame Leota, makes a special spirited performance as the Haunted Mansion’s favorite psychic during Haunted Mansion Holiday. Leota Toombs, Disney Legend and long-time Imagineer, gave life to the head that for decades has floated inside the Haunted Mansion’s Crystal Ball in the Séance Room.
- Every year, a new ghoulish concept is created and Resort Foods bakes up a brand new Gingerbread House for the celebration scene in the Mansion’s Grand Hall.
Source Disney Parks Blog
- Separate-ticket ‘Mickey’s Halloween Party’ Offers Trick-or-Treating In Disneyland Park on 10 Special Nights (chipandco.com)
- Save up to 30% on Disneyland Resort Hotels! (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Begins Tonight - September 3, 2021
- First look at the new Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure line of merch coming soon! - September 3, 2021
- First look at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion Expansion - September 3, 2021