We’ll go under the sea for these Little Mermaid Cupcakes!
Have a fun day baking these delicious cupcakes inspired by Ariel! You can use your favorite cupcake flavor and then decorate them following the simple instructions of this recipe from Disney Family.
We are sure everyone in your family will love them! Plus they are perfect for a Little Mermaid themed party or just as a little treat!
LITTLE MERMAID CUPCAKES
- You favorite cupcake recipe
- White frosting
- Teal or white candy melts
- Teal and purple food coloring (can also mix green and blue to make the teal and red and blue for purple)
- Cupcake collar in scale print, iridescent, or other mermaid designs
- Mermaid tail silicone mold
- Cupcake liners
- Large zip closure plastic bag
- Prepare the cake batter according to your favorite recipe.
- Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tray and fill each one with cupcake batter about 2/3 of the way. Bake according to recipe instructions. Set aside and cool.
- To make 4 mermaid tails, place 2/3 cup of candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring frequently.
- If you only have white candy melts, add food coloring to the melts to create a teal color.
- Using a small spoon, fill the molds. If you overfill, it’s okay, you can always trim any excess off once set.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and carefully pop out the mermaid tails. If you need to cut off the excess, place on a cutting board and use a small paring knife to clean them up. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to add them to the cupcakes.
- Place frosting in a bowl. add food coloring to make it purple. Mix until the color is smooth and evenly distributed.
- Scoop the frosting into a large ziplock bag. Twist the bag to move the frosting into one corner of the bag, then cut a small corner off.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake.
- Remove the mermaid tails from the refrigerator and place one into the center of each cupcake.
- Top it off with sprinkles and a mermaid inspired cupcake holder.
We hope you enjoy these Little Mermaid Cupcakes!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021