I consider ‘The Rescuers’ and ‘The Rescuers Down Under’ two of the most under appreciated animated Disney films. I feel like they don’t have the following that many of their other films have, even though they’re two of the most perfect adventure films to come out Walt Disney Animation.
So you could definitely understand my excitement when I found out that both these films were headed to blu-ray, for the first films 35th Anniversary, on August 21, 2012! These are two of my favorite Disney animated films, and two I figured that would be left towards the end of Disney’s vault releases, as they’ve slowly begun releasing all their animated films on blu-ray. But to get both movies, together, and so close to the beginning of this whole high def release schedule, I’m incredible happy.
If you’ve never seen either of the films, I highly recommend checking them out when the blu-ray arrives in just a few weeks. They’re perfect adventure films for the whole family to enjoy, and I for one am so, so excited to add them to my blu-ray collection.
Are you excited to see ‘The Rescuers’ films on blu-ray? Let me know in the comments below, here at Chip and Company. And don’t forget to check back for my review in the coming weeks.
To commemorate the 35th anniversary of an original classic, Disney proudly presents a special 2-movie collection featuring all-time family favorites, “The Rescuers” and “The Rescuers Down Under,” for the first time ever on Blu-ray! Join two of the world’s bravest mice – Bernard and Bianca – as they set out on two thrilling rescue missions full of comic adventure while soaring through the Devil’s Bayou and flying sky high in the Australian outback. Buckle up for the ride of your life as these tiny heroes with great big hearts outrun and outwit their rivals to save the day. Brimming with lovable characters and unforgettable music, the 2-movie collection is high-flying fun for the entire family! Share the laughs and excitement for the first time on Disney Blu-ray.
- Bob Newhart (“Elf”) as the voice of Bernard
- Eva Gabor (“Green Acres”) as the voice of Miss Bianca
“The Rescuers” additional cast:
- Joe Flynn (“The Love Bug”), Jim Jordon (“Chico and the Man”), Jeanette Nolan (“The Horse Whisperer”), Pat Buttram (“Who’s the Boss?”)
“The Rescuers Down Under” additional cast:
- John Candy (“Uncle Buck”), Adam Ryen (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”), Wayne Robson (“The Incredible Hulk”) Tristan Rogers (“General Hospital”), George C. Scott (“Patton”)
- “The Rescuers”- John Lounsbery (“The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh”, Wolfgang Reitherman (“The Jungle Book”), Art Stevens (“The Fox and the Hound”)
- “The Rescuers Down Under” – Hendel Butoy (“Fantasia 2000”), Mike Gabriel (“Pocahontas”)
- “The Rescuers” – Wolfgang Reitherman (“The Aristocats”), Ron Miller (“Tron”)
- “The Rescuers Down Under” – Thomas Schumacher (“The Lion King”), Kathleen Gavin (“The Nightmare Before Christmas”)
- “The Rescuers” – Margery Sharp (“The Notorious Lady”)
- “The Rescuers Down Under” – Jim Cox (“Oliver & Company”), Karey Kirkpatrick (“Over the Hedge”), Joe Ranft (“Toy Story”), Byron Simpson (“Something of Mine”)
Release Date: August 21, 2012
Release Formats & 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + 2 DVDs) =
Suggested Retail $39.99 U.S. and $46.99 Canada
2-Disc DVD = $29.99 and $35.99
- 35th Anniversary Edition (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under) Coming to Bluray (pics.chipandco.com)
- The Santa Clause Trilogy Coming to Blu-Ray October 16th, 2012 (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.