Once again, we have had a busy Disney week and have a lot of News as well as the Views of our amazing staff of writers. Let’s start by looking at some of the new discounts, benefits, and opportunities offered in 2011.
- D23, the Official Disney Fan Club has added benefits and discount opportunities to their membership package. They were presented in – Disney Expands D23 Member Discounts & Benefits For 2011.
- One announcement that we were particularly excited about because we use Photopass on every visit concerned the addition of extra Character photos to your CD when you have photos taken at select Meet and Greets. You can find details at – .
- Always on the lookout to make your vacations easier, Chris did a review of The Neverland Club at the Polynesian, one of many child care opportunities at Walt Disney World. Thanks Chris, I know all the Moms and Dads appreciate it.
- Jessica, our Disneyland specialist, gave us a look at a real event at the Disneyland Resort. The redo of Disney’s California Adventure reached a milestone with the removal of the iconic letters that graced the entrance. Her article covering the letter removal has some great photos.
- Anonymouse had a busy week chasing down rumors and gossip and gave us a look at Disney’s latest round of discounts a day early. Check out Disney Confidential – Room Only Discounts Leak On The Net. He/She also gave us a heads up on Play-cation! The Pixar Movie Short and Book. After a busy week like that, I think a vacation is in order!!
- I don’t think Chip realized that Lisa is a closet Gamer but she showed her true colors in her Review of Toy Story Mania! Point And Shoot Video Game. It looks like Chip and George have a new playmate.
- I know all of our Florida friends, especially those in Port Canaveral , have been awaiting the arrival of the Disney Dream. Well, she’s here and you can read about her arrival in the Disney Dream Arrives In Port Canaveral sparks new jobs.
- Mike has been exercising his new Christmas toy by testing out some new software. See how much fun he had when you read Review: Walt Disney World Notecast Guide 3.0. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing a lot more of these reviews from Mike.
- For those of you who feel you might be getting ever so slightly jaded in your Walt Disney World visits Leezer has given us some fantastic alternative activities in his article, Ten Things You Haven’t Done At Walt Disney World. Thanks Leezer, I’ll be trying some of these in October!!
- Great news, Chip and Company has teamed up with Sorcerer Radio to enhance the presentation of all things Disney to the world. Not only that, Aljon and Kristen Go from Sorcerer will also be joining Chip and Company as part of our writing staff. Welcome Aljon and Kristen!!! You can read details here.
- For those of you with Tweens in your family, you may want to take a trip to Target to see the New Alex Russo Tween Collection available there.
- Just a little while back I wrote an article about my Fab Five Magic Kingdom Attractions. This week I finished up the short series and covered my Fab Fives at Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You may be more surprised by what is not there rather than what is there. Remember, it’s from an Oldies perspective, an Oldie with a very “precise” personality.
- Allie gives a great breakdown on transportation opportunities in and around Walt Disney World in her article Half The Fun Is How You Get There. That’s super helpful Allie and I know the picture you chose shows my favorite, the boat from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney, thanks! She also tells how to recuperate from that vacation in Beating The Post-Disney Vacation Blues.
- Kristen fills us in on a light but satisfying lunch opportunity at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Check out Quick Eats – Greek Salad From Studios Catering Company at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Looks delicious!!
- Jennifer tells us how she has grown as a Disney traveler in her article covering The Evolution of a Walt Disney World Traveler. Thanks Jennifer, I wish I could have started as young as you did but when I was 1 year old, Disneyland was still eight years in the future!!
- While this one is over, Chip introduced the first of 2011’s Chip and Company giveaways in Disney 6 Games in 6 Days Giveaway – Day 1. This reflects what we have to look forward to in the rest of 2011. Thanks Chip!
- I know there are a lot of food fans (especially burgers) out there so a study of the Designer burgers now at Walt Disney World merits some attention. Check this out –
- I’ve always wanted to be a Custodial Cast Member at Walt Disney World. I want to even more now that I have seen this –
- Brenda told us how planning for family vacations has changed over the years as her family has matured. Everyone can pick up some ideas by reading Some Adjustment Required. I know everyone will appreciate your advice Brenda.
That’s about it for this week, quite a busy one. I hope to see you again for next week’s Disney Week In Review. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- The Chip and Company Week in Review For December 27th (chipandco.com)
- ‘WDW After Dark’ set to debut on Sorcerer Radio January 14, 2011 (chipandco.com)