Here we are again and it’s time for the Chip and Company Disney Week In Review. This weekend has been a huge news maker with the D23 Expo in Anaheim and since it is still going on, Chip and Company has representatives in attendance who will present the news to you over the next few days. There has been plenty of other news so we will cover that here and yes, we will also present you with some of the views of our growing staff of incredible writers.
- Let’s start out with some “newsy” type gossip from Anonymouse concerning the possible switch from the KTTW cards to RFID wristbands. See what Anonymouse has to say here – Disney Confidential – Disney Drops Keys to the World goes with Wristbands?
Things are moving right along at the new Art Of Animation Resort and this week we got our first look an the decor packages. Check out First Look inside the Family Suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and let us know what you think in our comments section.
It looks like things are changing a bit on Main Street U.S.A. at the Disneyland Resort. News came out this week that some Restaurants to Expand at Disneyland Park on Main Street U.S.A. I remember some Disneyland adventures trying to get a meal with large tour groups invading and this should help.
You folks who fight the wars in the hospitality industry should be pleased to know that you can finally reap some rewards. If you read Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels Offer Lowest Rates of the Year to Hospitality Workers you can find out exactly what is available for you. Enjoy your vacation!!
This has been a great week for the Disneyland Resort. With the upgrade of the original Disneyland Hotel came some recognition when we found out that Landmark Disneyland Hotel Earns AAA Four Diamond Award. That makes two out of the three hotels at the DLR with that designation. Way to go West Coast!!!
We know that there are a lot of Hawaii travelers out there, guess what? Hungry for Aulani? The Wait is Almost Over! Yes it’s almost here soon you can visit our 50th State in Disney style. Have a wonderful stay!!
Are you planning to travel to Shanghai in the future? The Disney presence will soon be there and this week we are prepared to offer you a Sneak Peek: Enchanted Storybook Castle at Shanghai Disneyland. There is a lot of creativity and imagination going on there – take a look!!
O.K. September travelers to a Disney vacation experience you need to know what is open/closed or up/down at your favorite destinations so let’s take at the Disney World Refurbishment Schedule September 2011 and the Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule September 2011 to see exactly what is going on.
A lot uf us have been waiting for this for a long time and it’s finally here!!! The NEW/OLD (almost) Enchanted Tiki Room has re-opened as of August 15th. Join them in this article when Imagineers Go Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I can’t wait to see it in October!!
HEY – Muppets fans!!! Did you know that you can Listen to the ‘Muppets: The Green Album’ for FREE! Read the article for the details!!! YAY Muppets!!!
Hopefully this is not too late as it was released on the 16th but reservations are now open for the Food & Wine Festival Special Events. Read Reservations Open Today for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Events to see what is available.
That’s it for this weeks summary of the news so let’s venture forward to see how our terrific writers feel about things at the Disney venues. They do have opinions and are pleased to present them.
- Bored? Missing Disney? Want to have a little fun? Read Jodi’s article Epcot’s UK Pavilion Phone Booths and make some phone calls to the folks at Epcot!!! YES – she does provide the phone numbers!!!
- Have you ever wondered how to pre ship some important items to your destination Resort so they will be there when you get there? Check out Lisa’s article Disney World Training 101: Package Delivery before you arrive to find the ins and outs of this common practice!!
- In our continuing effort to take you to all of the “lands” at Walt Disney World, Ken (yup – that’s me), gives us his (my) impression of Around The ‘Disney’ World – Animal Kingdom’s Discovery Island and what he (I) thinks is a very overlooked “minor ” attraction.
That’s all for this week but be sure to stop by the Chip and Company website to pick up all of the latest news and views surrounding our favorite places. Remember, lots of D23 Expo news will be there. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Chip and Company Disney Week In Review For August 8th (chipandco.com)
- D23 Expo 2011: Walt Disney Studios – Muppets, Cupcakes and Avengers Oh My! (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.