Disney really has a way of making fireworks more than just fireworks. This is especially true when it comes to the Disneyland Forever Fireworks at Disneyland Park. This show has been delighting guests since the beginning of the Diamond Celebration in May of 2015. Everyone should get to Disneyland at least once in their life, and if you’re going to be experiencing Walt’s original Magic Kingdom any time soon you’ll need to know where to watch these magical fireworks from! Let’s talk about the best viewing locations for the Disneyland Forever Fireworks.
First, the Disneyland Fireworks are more than just fireworks! There is music, lights, images projected on buildings, and of course the amazing fireworks themselves.
- Main Street U.S.A. – The most popular viewing location for the Disneyland Forever Fireworks is Main Street USA. It really gives you the whole experience! After all, the Sleeping Beauty Castle is the symbol of Disneyland and watching the show with the castle at its center is magical. Images are shown on the buildings of Main Street which make this show truly unique. However, since it is the most popular it is also the most crowded. Guests will start to line Main Street, sometimes hours, before the Paint the Night Parade and many will stay in these places for the fireworks.
- Fantasyland – Behind the castle in Fantasyland you will find a great, and unique viewing opportunity! The fireworks will appear above, yet still behind, the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction.
- It’s a Small World – Much like on Main Street, images will be projected on the It’s a Small World facade during the show and this location provides you with a location that is closest to where the fireworks are shot off – they are shot from behind Toontown.
- Rivers of America – You can also watch the show from the Rivers of America, however since this either section of the park is now closed it is not the same as it once was. The fireworks can be seen near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Tomorrowland – Tomorrowland provides you with another unique viewing location that most guests will mostly likely not think of. The fireworks will be near the Matterhorn.
If you’re not interested in the whole experience – you just want to see the fireworks, or perhaps you’re coming from California Adventure, but don’t want to actually enter Disneyland Park to try to get a spot you’re in luck you can watch from outside the park, too!
- In between – The space in between the two park entrances is a less crowded, but now popular location. It is an interesting location, I personally like it, but you certainly do not get the whole experience. You can enjoy the fireworks and not have to fight the crowds afterwards.
- Downtown Disney – If you’re shopping when the fireworks are about to start, don’t worry, Downtown Disney also provides a great place to watch if you’ve seen the show before and are just interested in the fireworks.
Where is your favorite place to watch the Disneyland Forever Fireworks from? Let us know in the comments!
My name is Miriya Whitaker, I am a travel agent with World of Magic Travel, a writer for Chip and Co and Disney Addicts, and I love Disney fireworks! I would be more than happy to help you plan and book your next magical vacation so that you can enjoy the Disneyland Forever Fireworks, too! inside the parks! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning and follow me on Facebook for more Disney and travel information!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.