Test Track is closed for an extensive refurb, leaving Soarin to handle the brunt of the crowds. When I traveled to the world in late May, we had limited time and toyed with the idea of skipping Epcot completely. Wait times for Soarin, well, soared! There was rarely a time when lines weren’t below an hour and fastpass return times were often hours and hours away. We decided we would vist Epcot and form our day around slow exploration. We were glad we did! We experienced some of the lesser known attractions and found there are lots of great reasons to go to Epcot when big thrills are not the focus! If you are visiting Epcot soon and are wondering what to do without Test Track here are five ideas!
1. Sum of all Thrills: This attraction is located In. Here you use math and science to create and ride your own roller coaster. It’s a very interesting ride that turns you into an imagineer. I did get a little dizzy on this, but I am happy we tried it out!
2. Spaceship Earth: I love this ride, but for some reason never give it the attention it deserves. It is a fascinating journey through world history. It is also extremely relaxing and rarely has a long wait.
3: The American Adventure: head on over to the American Adventure pavilion at World Showcase and catch this show. Hosted by Mark Twain and Ben Franklin this show brings the growth of our nation to life. This show is a delight and well worth checking out.
4. Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure: ok, I haven’t done this yet but if it is anything like Kim Possible this is going to be worth doing! While playing this game you are transformed into a secret agent finding clues throughout the world showcase. Agent P is sure to give a fresh and fun new spin on an older attraction!
5. Behind the Seeds: This is a behind the scenes tour is quite affordable and well worth the price of admission. Tour the greenhouses, seethe famed Mickey ear pumpkins I. Various stages of growth, germinate a seed, and release a ladybug into the greenhouse! The tour lasts an hour and is very fun and informative!
So, what are you doing at Epcot while Test Track is down?
- The Attractions of of Epcot’s World Showcase (chipandco.com)
- The Street Entertainment of Epcot’s World Showcase (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!