For those of us that love to dive deep into Disney history, the history of the Disney Parks is always fascinating. In A Historical Tour of Walt Disney World: Volume 2 you can delve into the history of Five Walt Disney World Favorites. It’s the most Magical History Class on Earth!
The Imagineers are no slouches when it comes to history. Many of the attractions and shows they create are steeped in it. But the history is hidden. In this second of Andrew Kiste’s best-selling “tours”, you’ll dig deeply into the back stories of five Walt Disney World favorites.
Have you ever wondered who’s the Casey in Casey’s Corner? Why its baseball theme, as well as the circus theme of Storybook Circus, are such powerful symbols in American culture? How the many scenes in Spaceship Earth deliver a surprisingly rich, detailed timeline of civilization to astute guests – but only if you first know what the Imagineers knew when they created it?
In this book, you’ll journey on a written historical tour of:
- Spaceship Earth: Earn an honorary degree in world history as you absorb, in depth, the historical background of each scene in Epcot’s centerpiece attraction.
- Country Bear Jamboree: Trace the lineage of these singin’ bears back to Walt’s plans for his never-built Mineral King Resort.
- Casey’s Corner: Learn the story of baseball over hot dogs in this Magic Kingdom restaurant where it’s always the bottom of the ninth.
- Sunset Ranch Market: Brush up on World War II at Hollywood Studios’ open-air food court.
- Storybook Circus: Take in the history of the American circus and how this new area of Fantasyland puts you squarely under the big top.
I love learning more about the history of my favorite attractions, restaurants and rides at the Disney Parks. I think A Historical Tour of Walt Disney World: Volume 2 would be a fascinating read, what about you?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!