Great news! Florida residents and annual passholders can enjoy savings of up to 35% at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels this summer. This offer is valid for stays most nights June 15 through July 31, 2016 and must be booked by July 30, 2016. This could be an indication of an upcoming summer offer so stay tuned for more information.
With new attractions, restaurants, stage shows and nighttime entertainment set to debut in 2016, this summer is sure to be a memorable one at the Walt Disney World Resort. Here is a glimpse at some of the new offerings to look out for:
- Rivers of Light – A new nighttime water and light show that celebrates all living things. This highly anticipated event is set to debut at Animal Kingdom on April 22nd.
- Kilimanjaro Safari – Explore the African savannah by the glow of sunset with Animal Kingdom’s night safari. Newly introduced nocturnal animals such as wild dogs and hyenas will surely add to the excitement.
- The centerpiece of Animal Kingdom, Tree of Life, will awaken at various times come nightfall as animal spirits appear amongst the color and light.
- Tiffins – A new waterfront eatery featuring international cuisine and a global travel theme throughout the restaurant. You’ll find all sorts of adventurous food items on the menu.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away – A live stage show will debut on April 4th at Hollywood Studios and feature some of your favorite characters such as Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, BB-8 and Darth Maul. Look on as iconic Star Wars moments are recreated right in front of your very own eyes.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – This new Star Wars themed nighttime event will place you in the middle of the action. Legendary Star Wars music plays in the background while fireworks and state of the art special effects light up the sky.
- Star Wars fans unite – visit some of your favorite characters including Kylo Ren and Chewbacca at the new Star Wars Launch Bay. Then hop aboard the recently updated Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, which includes new scenes from Episode VII – The Force Awakens. Young padawans can sharpen their light saber skills at Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
- Watch as Captain Phasma leads Stormtroopers in a March of the First Order procession.
- Olaf meet and greet – Visit your favorite snowman Olaf over at the new Celebrity Spotlight in Echo Lake for pictures, autographs and warm hugs.
- Frozen Ever After – This frosty Frozen attraction is set to open this summer in the Norway Pavillion of the World Showcase at Epcot. Character meet and greets with Anna and Elsa will also be available at the Royal Sommerhus.
- Characters from the new Disney Pixar film Finding Dory will be joining Turtle Talk with Crush this summer in Future World.
- Soarin’ attraction is set to reopen as Soarin’ Around the World premieres with a third theatre featuring new landscapes and man made wonders.
- New Stage Show – Enjoy a new musical adventure called Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire. The show will feature new friends and old that combine to share a story of loyalty, diversity and the special bond between friends.
- Skipper Canteen – Feast on jungle cuisine at this recently opened restaurant that is themed after the legendary Jungle Cruise attraction in Adventureland. Same day reservations are now being accepted.
- New Zootopia characters can be found in the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” street party.
- With so many new restaurants and stores opening at Disney Springs, guests are sure to satisfy their food and shopping cravings this summer.
- Olaf and Kristoff host the inaugural Frozen Games at Blizzard Beach this summer. Guests will be able to participate in a variety of activities including a Snowball Toss, Ski Pole Limbo and Ice Pail Relays.
Big and exciting things are happening in Walt Disney World and this summer is the perfect time to come check it all out. Contact me at email@example.com or visit my Facebook page to start planning today! I always monitor for new promotions and if a special summer offer is released then I will automatically apply it to your reservation if available.
Photo credit: http:wdwnews.com/
Latest posts by Laura Bourget (see all)
- The Disney Castle by LEGO is the Specialty Toy of the Year - May 13, 2017
- Update on Disney’s Coronado Springs Expansion - April 2, 2017
- Reservations to DVC Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon are now Open to Members - March 31, 2017