Looking for something new and exciting to do this summer? You may want to check out the new ‘Summer of Mako’ event at Sea World Orlando premiering June 10th and Island Nights at Aquatica, Sea World’s water park, beginning July 8th. Both events will have amazing night-time offerings which means longer hours to play and explore.
From June 10 – August 7, SeaWorld will feature Summer of Mako, an all-new event that encourages families to explore, be inspired and take action to protect our one ocean. Whether you want to meet animal experts, dive deeper into an ocean of interactive games or experience Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako, Summer of Mako has something for everyone.
- Mako – SeaWorld Orlando is upping the thrills this summer. Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in Orlando. 200 feet high, 73 mph and a track that’s nearly a mile long. Mako is a hypercoaster, which means it’s all about speed, tight turns and that weightless feeling you get at the top of each hill. Its design and engineering was inspired by the real mako shark – one of the ocean’s fastest shark species. Mako’s two-acre surrounding realm will be fully themed to sharks, inspiring guests to learn about and care for this mysterious species which needs our help to survive.
- Shark Touch Pool – Guests who have ever dreamed of touching a shark will have the opportunity to do so this summer at SeaWorld Orlando. The Relaxation Station located near Wild Arctic will be home to a brand-new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
- Interactive Games – Join the frenzy as you race around SeaWorld Orlando to find some of the tallest, fastest and longest creatures that call our oceans home.
Guests up for the Mako Challenge can make a difference by participating in a park wide text message-based scavenger hunt. Those who complete the Mako Challenge will have $1 donated to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf, benefiting a variety of conservation projects all over the world.
- Animal Experiences – Throughout the park, even more animal ambassadors, educators and animal experts are stationed to share information and stories about the animals in our care and provide up-close meet and greets, scheduled feedings and fun surprises. Park guests can pick-up a Summer of Mako guide and park map for specific times and locations.
- Mako Treats and Exclusive Summer Offers – Summer of Mako will offer several limited time in-park specials and culinary offerings including a honey vanilla mako shark cookie; a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix, Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage only available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available in several locations around SeaWorld.
- Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night – Beginning June 18, experience this returning fan-favorite, a high-energy show featuring original music, amazing production elements and SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales. Shamu Stadium will transform with stylistic lighting and colorful backdrops to create a social and celebratory atmosphere ending with a fireworks finale spectacle.
- Block Party – When the sun goes down, the fun starts up with a nightly Block Party along SeaWorld’s Waterfront. Celebrate summer and dance the night away with high energy music and street entertainment that is sure to provide non-stop fun for all ages.
- Evening Coaster Thrills – SeaWorld’s coasters are a whole different experience when the sun goes down. Guests can experience Mako, Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Kraken, a floorless coaster with seven inversions, and Manta, a facedown, headfirst coaster where riders fly like a manta ray.
SeaWorld Orlando’s 4th of July Weekend Celebration
- Weekend Concerts – On July 2 and 3, guests can enjoy performances from Country music icon Lee Greenwood at Bayside Stadium. Greenwood has more than 30 albums to his credit and has received numerous industry awards including Grammy Top Male Vocal Performance and Male Vocalist with Country Music Association. Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. and are included with park admission. Reserved seating available for $15, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com for details.
- Fireworks Display – This Fourth of July, families and friends can enjoy one of Orlando’s most magnificent fireworks displays at SeaWorld Orlando. The night sky will light up as bursts of bright colors fill the air during this spectacular, patriotic-inspired show featuring the 13th Army Band, Florida National Guard. Fireworks are included with park admission and can best be viewed from Bayside Stadium, show begins at 10 p.m.
- Military Appreciation Morning – On July 1, SeaWorld Orlando will be opening the park gates one hour early for U.S. active duty military, veterans and up to three guests. Spin, glide, skim and fly on Manta or brave Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako during exclusive ride time before park opening. Advance ticket and military ID required; visit WavesOfHonor.com for current active duty and veteran ticket offers.
Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark
Beginning July 8, Aquatica heats things up with Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola® – an evening celebration of summer, taking place every night through August 6. Guests can enjoy a special Island Nights soundtrack, extended park hours, a daily happy hour from 5-7 p.m., an evening menu sizzlin’ with flavor at Waterstone Grill and evening kick-off parties with a DJ and dancers on Friday and Saturday nights. Event included with park admission to Aquatica.
BEST WAY TO PLAY:
Guests can enjoy Summer of Mako and Island Nights for just $99 with the purchase of a single-day admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica. Florida residents can purchase an Annual Pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica with EZpay for only $16/month.
SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando offers a wide variety of hotel and vacation packages that are perfect for a weekend getaway with the entire family. Packages include free admission to Aquatica and waves of other benefits including in-park discounts, signature show seating, and a fifth hotel night free. Guests can choose from several options including “Eat Free” providing one day of All-Day-Dining at SeaWorld and Aquatica for the whole family, and “Kids Free” offering up to two free child’s admissions to SeaWorld and Aquatica. To book, visit SeaWorldGetaways.com.
New this year, families can consider a one-of-a kind vacation experience where they can swim with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters, and experience an underwater walking tour of a coral reef with a Discovery Cove hotel package. Guests can plan a perfect trip that will include unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for the length of their stay (up to 14 days). To book, visit DiscoveryCoveVacations.com.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com. Events and times are subject to change. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest Summer of Mako and Island Nights information. Join the conversation with #SeaWorld and #SummerOfMako.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Dreamers Academy 2019 Four Day Adventure - March 24, 2019
- Terralina Crafted Italian Hosts Four Course Chefs Dinner - February 27, 2019
- Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party Review - February 24, 2019