Today is a historical day for the Disney Cruise Line! It is the first ever Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy. Guests can immerse themselves in a day themed around their favorite Star Wars adventures and characters during this brand-new celebration. Star Wars Day at Sea can be found on eight sailings through April aboard the Disney Fantasy’s Western Caribbean itinerary.
Today’s sailing includes the first official appearance of the Star Wars finest aboard a Disney Cruise Line ship (with the exception of those on the Disney Dream). The day is packed with fun and will combine the power of the Force, some Disney magic and an exciting cruise adventure for Guests of all ages.
These special days take place on the second sea day during each of the 7-night Disney Fantasy sailings. Throughout the day, Guests can take part in a full-day celebration, to include a special deck party, meet-and-greets, themed family and youth activities, special food and beverage offerings and my favorite- special merchandise! If that wasn’t enough, Guests will have the chance to watch all SEVEN Star Wars films and episodes of Disney XD’s animated Star Wars Rebels.
Highlights of the entertainment your Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters can enjoy include:
- Darth Vader, Captain Phasma, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are on the ship for meet-and-greets, photos and may be seen patrolling the decks.
- “Star Wars Saga: Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away” is an interactive show featuring guests retelling their favorite Star Wars stories, with the help of props and special effects.
- Kids and families enjoy some intergalactic, friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and cosplay and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium. Be sure to check out Disney Cruise Line’s restrictions before you get to the port.
- At noon, guests on deck will be treated to a very special episode – to mark the midday, the Disney Fantasy ship’s horn will resound the opening notes of the “Imperial March.” Check out this video! It’s awesome!
- At night, The Tube nightclub transports adult guests to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails, lively cantina music and a super fan trivia challenge.
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children to learn the ways of the Jedi and put their skills to the test in a final battle with the Sith Lord, Darth Vader. This is similar to the experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- In “Padawan Mind Challenge,” Younglings participate in a fun, brain-bending battle of wits and trivia to become mind challenge masters.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing and features collectible items, customizable name tags and eight special trading pins, exclusive to these cruises. At dinner, you will find Star Wars inspired cuisine, like Sand People salad, Banta steak empanadas, Opee Sea Killer shrimp cocktail and Qui-Gon’s crisp chicken. Finish off your meal with Calrissian velvet cake, Cloud City macarons or a frozen carbonite sundae. Collectible cups are also available featuring BB-8 and Chewbacca, while popcorn can be found served in Darth Vader’s helmet or a tie fighter. Adults can enjoy the special Galaxy in a Glass- made with rum, coconut, mango and strawberry and all Guests can enjoy a non-alcoholic Planetoid Punch.
Your day at sea will be jam-packed with Star Wars fun! To conclude the day, the “Summon the Force” deck party features music, dancing and games. The party comes to an end as Star Wars characters come together for a celebration of the saga in an out of this world show featuring special effects and Guest interaction. No Disney cruise would be complete without fireworks, and this special display of pyrotechnics, lighting, and sounds is the perfect end to a fantastic day!
Star Wars Day at Sea cruises will depart from Port Canaveral on select Saturdays in 2016. The 7-night Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. There is still time to book one of the following Star Wars cruises departing on:
- January 9, 23
- February 6, 20
- March 5, 19
- April 2, 16
To take your family to a land far, far away, email me at email@example.com to plan your galactic adventure at sea.
Photo credit StarWars.com