Good news for those Disney fans who weren’t able to sail on a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise on their limited sailings in 2016! You’ll now have the chance to do it in 2017, when Disney Cruise Line will once again be offering Star Wars Day at Sea on select sailings on the Disney Fantasy from January to April. This time around, they will be offering both Eastern and Western Caribbean 7-night itineraries! You will have the chance to catch up with Star Wars fun onboard in 15 sailings embarking from Port Canaveral, so now is the time to book!
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Jedi training for kids, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Read on to find out more details about the intergalactic entertainment you can enjoy during Star Wars Day at Sea, and let us know in the comments what your family is most excited to experience, either for the first time or again if you’ve already joined us this year …
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and appearances of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars music.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars saga.
If you’d like more information on the dates for these cruises, contact me and I can help you plan your Star Wars Day at Sea! My Disney Vacation Planning services are always free to you, so email me at email@example.com today for a free quote!
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.