Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive have launched the official Star Wars app, a new free app featuring the Star Wars universe that immerses fans into the vast universe right on their mobile devices.
Star Wars fans can experience the world of Star Wars on their mobile devices with the new interactive app that provides breaking news, social updates, special events, and even a countdown to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. by bringing together the Star Wars universe in a familiar mobile experience, Lucasfilms and Disney interactive are giving fans a portal to access Star Wars anytime, anywhere. Not only will the app feature exclusive content, it will also share news and posts from Star Wars’ vast network of digital channels including StarWars.com, along with the official channels on social media. No Star Wars app would be complete with out customization! Choose your theme, will you choose the Light Side, Dark Side, or just hang out with the Droids? Depending on the theme you choose, there will be different designs, sounds and animations, how cool is that?
The app will update daily and in real-time.
- News: Get instant notifications on big announcements from across the franchise, including trailer releases, movie updates and game news. The news feed is fully customizable, so users can filter which platforms their updates are coming from, and which aspects of the Star Wars franchise they’re hearing about.
- Augmented Reality: Bring the Star Wars universe to life by unlocking 3D characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens using an exclusive augmented reality camera feature.
- Videos: Watch official Star Wars videos, including movie trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and more.
- Force Trainer: Wield a lightsaber and hone your skills by playing with the Force Trainer, an interactive activity where users can duel a training remote, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Star Wars “Selfie”: Take and share a Star Wars “selfie” in various iconic costumes and settings, including Jedi, Princess Leia, Han Solo’s carbon-freeze, and more.
- GIFs: Share animated GIFs with friends and family of memorable scenes and characters from the Star Wars movies and TV shows, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars Rebels.
- Soundboard: Play classic sound clips and sound effects from your favorite Star Wars characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and scenes.
- Star Wars History: Discover behind-the-scenes fun facts with This Day In Star Wars History.
- Weather: Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts, featuring original art and parallax effects of in-universe planets and locales.
For those heading to San Diego Comic-con, a special augmented reality experience through the Star Wars app will be available. Head to the Lucasfilm booth (#2913-A) and find the poster featured below, and trigger a life sized correspondence with a Storm Trooper or BB-8. Attendees will also receive a limited edition version of the poster, so they can take the action home! If you can’t make it to SDCC don’t fret! You can also try a smaller version of the interaction from digital versions of the poster. Fans can record or take photos of their experience to share with family and friends! The augmented reality feature will transition over time, bringing new characters, objects and even new triggers!
- Alice In Wonderland Roses From Roseshire Spark Curiosity And Wonder - April 18, 2021
- This Nightmare Before Christmas Dish Set Is Simply Meant To Be - April 17, 2021
- Magical Harry Potter Hogwarts Houses Dishes - April 17, 2021