The Disney Standby Pass is a lot like the Boarding Group system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland. It allows guests to make an online reservation for specific attractions then get access to the attraction during a specific time frame, during which they can enter the queue.
Currently, the pass is only available for one attraction, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, for a trial operation period.
The Shanghai Disneyland website tells how this pass works:
“Disney Standby Pass attractions are subject to change and are only available to guests with valid park admission tickets.
To check Disney Standby Pass and Disney Fastpass availability, please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App. Guests may purchase Disney Premier Access for any attraction while also holding a Disney Standby Pass or Disney Fastpass.
Disney Standby Passes will be released in the App on an hourly basis, based on that day’s official park operating hours. Each Disney Standby Pass corresponds to a 60-minute interval for the guest to arrive at the Disney Standby Pass entrance. The quota for each day is limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The final release of Disney Standby Passes is approximately two hours before the park’s announced closing time. Please note that Disney Standby Pass is currently in trial operations.
How It Works:
To make a selection on your mobile device:
- Step 1 – Download the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App before you arrive at the park and create your own account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Step 2 – After entering the park, open the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App, sign in and select “Get Standby Pass”, and scan the QR code on your park ticket.
- Step 3 – Create a party in the App by linking your group member’s park tickets so you can enjoy the attractions together using the same Disney Standby Pass return time. Ensure all members of your party have entered the park.
- Step 4 – Select the attraction you want to get a Disney Standby Pass for.
- Step 5 – Confirm the selection for your Disney Standby Pass.
- Step 6 – To redeem, go to the Disney Standby Pass return entrance at the attraction at the designated return time, and then show your QR code, found in “My Plan” on the App or the QR code on your park ticket.
Disney Standby Pass Rules
- Disney Standby Pass is only valid on the day of issue and can only be redeemed during the time selected.
- Guests with a Disney Standby Pass must enter attractions via the designated Disney Standby Pass entrances. Everyone in the party must have their own Disney Standby Pass, which is linked to their park tickets.
- Disney Standby Pass is subject to availability.
- Guests may obtain a Disney Standby Pass on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App.
- Disney Standby Passes are linked to park tickets. Please always keep your park ticket secure.
- At the Disney Standby Pass entrance of the attraction, a Cast Member will scan your park ticket to verify the visual identity of the park ticket holder.
These virtual queues and passes may become the new norm at Disney parks around the world. What are your thoughts?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- New dining options coming to the My Disney Experience app - September 21, 2020
- Kay Jewelers Expands Its Exclusive Disney Treasures Collection to All Stores - September 21, 2020
- M&M Store Construction update from Disney Springs - September 18, 2020