Celebrate the luck of the Irish tomorrow with these delicious St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos!
This tasty treat features corned beef, a dish associated with St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in America. It also has crispy potato barrels, cheddar cheese sauce, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and crunchy rye croutons.
You can find these totchos at Restaurantosaurus in Animal Kingdom through March 17, but if you miss them, don’t worry! We have the recipe so you can make them at home!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY REUBEN TOTCHOS
- 2 slices of marble rye bread
- 1/2 cup of thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup of whole grain mustard
- 1 (2 pound) package of frozen potato barrels
- 1 (15 oz) jar cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups of canned or bagged sauerkraut
- 1 cup of shredded green cabbage
- 1 pound of sliced top round corned beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut marble rye brad into 1/4 inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until toasted. Set aside.
- Combine thousand island dressing and whole grain mustard in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook frozen potato barrels according to package directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat cheddar cheese sauce in small saucepan over medium-low hear, until warm. Keep warm.
- Heat sauerkraut in medium saucepan over medium heat for 8 minutes, until warm. Remove from heat and cool for 3 minutes. If needed, drain any excess liquid. Stir in shredded green cabbage. Set aside.
- Slice corned beef into thin strips. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add corned beef and saute for 3 minutes, until corned beef is warm and edged begin to crisp.
- Place potato barrels on large serving dish and cover with warm cheddar cheese sauce. Top with warm corned beef and sauerkraut.
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing. Top with toasted rye bread and sliced green onions.
Enjoy and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Credit: Disney Parks