Mark your calendars for Authentic Irish food, music and dance performances set the scene for a three-day St. Patrick’s Day celebration and the “wearin’ of the green” March 15-17 in and around the Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island.
At Raglan Road, a true Irish pub with Dublin roots, entertainment revs up the evenings of March 15 and 16 with house band Creel on the restaurant’s main stage while Murphy’s Law and The Irish Rogues perform on the Raglan Road patio. When St. Patrick’s Day arrives March 17, non-stop entertainment kicks off at noon with Creel, The Raglan Road Dancers, more outdoor entertainment and a special appearance by U2 tribute band Elevation.
The weekend of festivities spans Pleasure Island with live Pleasure Island stage performances by The Wyndbreakers — Florida’s own “neo-traditional, pub-rockin’, guitar pickin’ Celtic” musicians; Celtic Wave, with its own traditional Irish flair; and Celtic Nova, putting its own twist on popular lrish tunes. Family-fun activities will include face painting and stilt walkers, and St. Patrick’s Day souvenirs will be in abundance.
More St. Patrick’s Day fun is in store:
- Authentic Irish cuisine is featured March 15 at 1 p.m. as Raglan Road celebrity Irish chef Kevin Dundon creates a four-course kickoff luncheon and culinary demonstration in the restaurant’s Grand Dining Room. (Call 407-938-0300) or visit www.raglanroad.com for reservations).
- March 15 and 16, beginning at 6 p.m. Irish bands Murphy’s Law, known for modern Irish music, and The Irish Rogues, popular for ballads and other Irish folk tunes, perform on the Raglan Road patio. At 7 p.m., house band Creel rocks the audience on the restaurant’s main stage – expect surprise guest appearances. Guests can order favorites like fish ‘n chips and Shepherd’s pie from the restaurant’s lunch or dinner menus.
- March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, doors open at 11 a.m. House band Creel performs on the main stage at noon and at various times throughout the day. Entertainment on the patio kicks off at 1 p.m. with Irish dancing from The Raglan Road Dancers and performers from the Watters School of Irish Dancing, established in Central Florida more than a decade ago to train young dancers for championship performances. U2 tribute band Elevation is expected to bring down the house with renditions of U2′s greatest hits. Guests can order from Raglan Road’s dinner menu throughout the day, which includes the authentic Irish dish of St. Patrick’s Day — loin of bacon and cabbage. A $10 cover charge applies on March 17 for guests 18 and older.
Entertainment subject to change.
- Raglan Road News! St. Patrick’s Day, Gluten Free Food, and More… (disneyfoodblog.com)
- NEW Pina Colada Cheesecake at Amorette’s Patisserie - June 19, 2021
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room is back in operation! - June 19, 2021
- Living with the Land Dividers have been removed! - June 18, 2021