While fans had to say goodbye to Han Solo in “The Force Awakens,” a younger version of this galactic smuggler is coming back to the big screen. Here is what we know about the upcoming “Solo: A Star Wars Story” movie that is set to hit theaters in May!
- Stepping into the role of Han Solo, originated by Harrison Ford, is Alden Ehrenreich.
- This story takes place several years before the events of the original “Star Wars,” which was filmed in 1977.
- The film is described as Western meets film noir. It’s full of offbeat humor and takes us into the criminal underbelly of a galaxy being torn apart. Described by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy as “a heist, gunslinger type movie” we can’t wait to see how the action unfolds.
- To prove himself a true hoodlum, Han has to steal something (and we still don’t know what) from The Conveyex, which is the rollercoaster-like train seen in the trailer.
- We will see how the friendship between Han and Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) came to be. Also along the way we will see Han fall for Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and cross paths with both Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) and his droid sidekick L3-37 (played via motion capture by Phoebe Waller-Bridge).
- We get a look at the galaxy’s criminal underbelly when Han faces career crooks Tobias Beckett (Woody Harrelson) and Val (Thandie Newton) and crime boss, Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany).
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” hits theaters May 25th and we can’t wait!
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Photo Credit: Lucasfilm Ltd