Recently it was announced that Shanghai Disneyland will reopen on May 11th after being closed for almost 4 months.
This might be great news for Disney Parks but going back to Disney won’t be the same as before, new measures must be taken in order to preserve social distancing and keep everyone safe.
Take a look at the instructions every guest must follow in order to enjoy a day of magic at Shanghai Disneyland:
- For now the park will operate with limited attendance, that is why they have implemented “Advance Reservation”. This system will allow guests to buy dated admission tickets and receive a QR code that they will present at the entrance of the park
- For annual passholders a reservation must be make in advance selecting the exact date and time they will be visiting the park. A QR code will also be sent to them
- It’s very important that you don’t forget to bring a valid government ID (no digital copies accepted) as well or you won’t be allowed to enter
- You must wear a mask during your entire visit except when dining
- Before entering the park you will be required to go through a health screening point
- Here you will go through a temperature screening booth to make sure your temperature is lower then 37.3 Celsius. If you are clear, you will receive a Health QR Code on your phone
- Make sure to practice social distancing at all times
- Present your green Health QR Code to prove your temperature was lower then 37.3 Celsius
- Then present your valid ticket or reservation QR code
- Keep practicing social distancing following the signs on the floor while you move through the security checkpoint line
- You will go through the regular security check point where a cast member will check your bags
- Once you reach the turnstiles you must present a valid government ID for each guest in your party. Remember no digital copies will be accepted
- Once inside Shanghai Disneyland, the attractions will have structured queues to make sure social distancing between each party
- Inside the attraction capacity will be reduce to make sure there are empty seats between each party and protect the guests
- For attractions where ride vehicles are smaller, each party will be provided will gloves and allowed to seat together since the vehicles are already apart from each other
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the exit of each attraction
- Close-up character interactions and photo-ops will be temporarily unavailable. You will still be able to see and interact with the characters but with proper social distancing
- When dining please make sure to not sit at tables with a red sign. This is to ensure social distancing between tables and your own safety
- At stores only touch merchandise you intent to buy and try to pay using contactless payment options
- You will find face mask disposal bins around the park for your convenience
And that concludes another magical day at Disney! There are a lot of rules to follow but please keep in mind that everything is for your own safety and the safety of other guests and cast members.
If you would like to watch the full video from Shanghai Disneyland, you can do it here:
This could give us an idea of how things will be once Walt Disney World and Disneyland decide to reopen to the public again.
Credit: Shanghai Disneyland Resort / Dong Dong Youtube Channel