FIVE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS FEATURING “SHAKE IT UP” CHOREOGRAPHER INCLUDED ON DVD
The Disney Channel original series “Shake It Up” has gotten fans moving and shaking ever since premiering last year. Now, Walt Disney Records is set to release Shake It Up: Break It Down CD + DVD, a collection of upbeat dance songs from the series, including the show’s theme song, “Shake It Up,” performed by Hollywood Records’ artist Selena Gomez. The 14-track collection also includes the singing debut of “Shake It Up” stars Bella Thorne and Zendaya, and many more.
To help fans learn the signature “Shake It Up” dance moves, a DVD featuring a full hour of dance instructions through five routines (“School’s Out,” “Watch Me,” “Breakout,” “Not Too Young” and “Shake It Up”) taught by “Shake It Up” choreographer Rosero McCoy is also included. The DVD was helmed by Andrea Ambandos who has directed and produced, through her company Dragonfly Productions, many popular workout video series including “10 Minute Solution,” Jillian Michaels titles, yoga workouts and dance workouts featuring Julianne Hough and the Pussycat Dolls. The CD+DVD combo pack hits stores July 12, while the single and video “Watch Me,” featuring Zendaya and Bella, is available now at iTunes and other digital retailers. The music video was directed by Marc Klasfeld, whose credits include videos for Katy Perry (“Last Friday Night”) and Nelly (“Move That Body”).
Since its 2010 premiere, “Shake It Up” has ranked as TV’s No. 1 series among kids age 6-11 and tweens. The series chronicles the adventures of best friends CeCe (Bella Thorne) and Rocky (Zendaya), whose dreams of becoming professional dancers are realized when they land roles as background dancers on the most popular teen dance show, “Shake It Up, Chicago!” From the beginning, music and dance have been the keys to the show’s success, and with the new Walt Disney Records combo pack, fans can now take home the music as well as learn the moves.
Songs included on Shake It Up: Break It Down are:
1) “Shake It Up,” the show’s up-tempo synth-driven theme song, performed by superstar Selena Gomez.
2) “Breakout Performance,” a harmony-rich track sung by emerging country pop singer Margaret Durante.
3) “Not Too Young,” a techno-flavored song from singer (and one-time “Shake It Up” guest star) Chris Trousdale, written by the hit-making team of Antonina Armato & Tim James.
4) “School’s Out,” a summer fun techno track from singer/actress Kyra Christiaan.
5) “Watch Me,” performed by singer Margaret Durante, featuring some tricky beats.
6) “All the Way Up,” a get-ya-hands-up party track from singer Alana de Fonseca.
7) “We Right Here,” a hardcore power track co-written and sung by singer/actor Drew Ryan Scott, who has worked with Selena Gomez, Corbin Bleu and Jonas Brothers.
8) “Dance for Life,” an intense hip-hop dance track from Drew Seeley and Adam Hicks (“Zeke & Luther,” “Lemonade Mouth”).
9) “Twist My Hips,” a tropical-flavored synth-driven song co-written and performed by writer-producer Tim James and Nevermind.
10) “Roll the Dice,” an inspirational song just for the ladies, sung by Swedish vocalist Marlene Strand.
11) “Just Wanna Dance,” a Latin-infused track by Geraldo Sandell (who co-wrote “On the Floor” for Jennifer Lopez) and Ricky Luna.
12) “Our Generation,” a spirited anthem by Macedonian-born Swedish singer Sibel Redzep.
13) “All Electric,” a high-energy shuffle-influenced track sung by Anna Margaret, and written by Antonina Armato & Tim James.
14) “Watch Me,” a sensational reprise by “Shake It Up” teen stars Bella Thorne and Zendaya, who return to the show for a second season.
New episodes of “Shake It Up” air Sundays (8:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. A production of It’s a Laugh Productions for Disney Channel, the series carries a TV-G parental guideline.
Shake It Up: Break It Down soundtrack, plus instructional DVD will be available wherever music is sold on July 12. For more information on Walt Disney Records’ releases, please visit Disney.com/music, become a fan at Facebook.com/disneymusic or follow us at Twitter.com/disneymusic.
- Phineas And Ferb The Movie: Across The 2nd Dimension – Releasing as a Disney 2-Disc DVD Set August 23, 2011 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Debuts “Shake It Up” Merchandise Line (chipandco.com)
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Running Universal Features Characters From DreamWork’s Trolls on Sunday, April 26th - January 21, 2020
- Disney’s Frozen 2 Arrives on Digital and Bluray in February! - January 21, 2020
- New Dark Red Magicband Now available! - January 20, 2020