The Mako frenzy continues to swell as SeaWorld has made 2 announcements about their newest hypercoaster. Can’t wait for the adrenaline rush of what will be, Mako? The wait is almost over! The first announcement is the new coaster – Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest — will strike with full force on a grand opening date of June 10, 2016. The Second announcement making waves in the Mako pool is a new live presentation in the park for guests who want a sneak peek starting now. The new presentation gives guests a preview of the ride design, construction and experience, and also shares interesting educational facts about sharks in the wild that need our help.
The preview presentation, called Mako Rising, is now being shown at Nautilus Theater daily at 11:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Audience members enjoy complimentary snacks as they relax in the cool indoor theater and participate in the informative, interactive experience. All audience guests also will receive special in-park offers and the opportunity to win a prize during the presentation.
Mako Quick Facts:
- Opening June 10, 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando.
- Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
- Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds.
- Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds up to 73 mph.
- Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter®, Sharks Underwater Grill®, gift shops, and shark- and shipwreck-themed educational experiences.
There are some great changes and new things coming to SeaWorld! Florida Residents, don’t forget to get a great deal and get an annual pass!
Are you excited to ride Mako?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.