runDisney will move to Virtual Queue System for Buying Merchandise
Starting with the 2022 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will switch to a virtual queue system for guests to purchase merchandise. For the first time, runDisney is bringing the magic of virtual queues to attendees looking to purchase event weekend merchandise on the first day of the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo. Attendees will be able to spend more time enjoying their Expo experience and visiting with Expo vendors, all while waiting in line for merchandise, virtually.
In order to use the virtual queue on day one of the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo, you willl need to download the My Disney Experience app and ensure location services are turned on. From there:
- Step 1: Open the My Disney Experience app and navigate to the Virtual Queues section on the Welcome Screen.
- Step 2: In this section, visit the tab labeled ESPN Wide World of Sports. Tap “Join Virtual Queue” on the My Queues screen and select the runDisney Merchandise Shop. Guests can request to join the virtual queue at 7:30 a.m. ET on November 3, 2022.
- Note: While the virtual queue will open at 7:30 a.m., additional availability may open throughout the day.
- Step 3: Select the number of Guests, up to six people total, in your shopping party. Tap “Join Virtual Queue” once more.
- Note: All members of your shopping party must be added to your My Disney Experience Friends and Family list prior to joining the virtual queue.
- Step 4: If spots remain in the virtual queue, you will see a confirmation screen with an estimated wait time. Note your estimated wait time will be based on an Expo opening time of 10 am ET, so don’t be alarmed if your wait appears long!
- Step 5: You will receive a push notification directly to your mobile device when your group is ready to return. Once received, you will have one hour to arrive at the AdventHealth Arena at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex after you have been notified.
- Step 6: Once you arrive follow the signs to the check-in area and prepare to show the Cast Member the QR code you received along with your confirmation.
A few additional things to note:
- Gold and Platinum Club runDisney Members do not need to join the virtual queue to access their early shopping windows during the first day of the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo.
- Guests can join the virtual queue from the comfort of their hotel room or home, within approximately 45 miles away from Walt Disney World property.
- Each Guest enrolled will receive a QR code to present for entry.
- The virtual queue is required for the runDisney Merchandise Shop on Thursday, November 3. Standby lines will not be available this day and all Guests must use the virtual queue to enter.
- Guests may hold boarding groups for both an attraction virtual queue and a virtual queue for other applicable experiences, like runDisney Merchandise Shop.
- Merchandise is subject to availability and inventory may sell out.
What do you think about the virtual queue system being used at runDisney events? Will you be attending the 2022 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend?
If you would like to plan your next runDisney trip, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I would love to help you plan your next magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!