This is my last in a series about five rides or attractions that young children can enjoy at each of Disney’s theme parks. Many people ask me why we even take our now two year old to Disney. I say, why not? There is plenty for her, and other little ones, to enjoy while on a Disney vacation. I hope, through this series, you’ll see Disney parks through the eyes of your young child and enjoy it as they grow older.
At first glance,might seem like an overly large zoo or animal wildlife preserve. But, if you explore it, you’ll find there are some great rides and attractions for even the youngest member of your travel party. Truthfully, we used to approach our vacation at Disney with the mindset that if we had to choose a park to skip, it would be Animal Kingdom. Not anymore! After giving it a few more tries, I’m here to tell you there are some awesome attractions for the little ones that are not to miss.
1. Boneyard. Here, your child can dig his or her way around a giant dinosaur boneyard. They’ll discover bones, fossils, and tons of fun in this shaded area. In fact, it’ll be hard to get them out! Worried they’ll be a sand covered mess? No worries! Disney has laid down a nonstick sand on a cushy floor for your children to dig and play in. You can sit in the shade and enjoy watching your child dig, go through tunnels, down slides, and travel the maze.
2. Triceratops Spin. Much like Aladdin’s Carpets and Dumbo at Magic Kingdom, this ride has an up in the air spin feel to it. You get into a four person dinosaur, and you’re taken up in the air for a few spins around Dino Land.
3. Wild Express Train. Every three to five minutes, you can board a rustic train in the Harambe Africa area of Animal Kingdom. On this ride, you’ll see how the behind the scenes action of Animal Kingdom keeps everything running smoothly. You exit at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, and can catch the train back to Harambe when you’re done exploring. You’ll learn about conservation, as well as the animals and their care at
4. Affection Section. After exiting the Wild Express Train at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, your little one can encounter some animals up close and personal. This is the only place on Disney property where you can interact with animals this closely. Llamas, chickens, goats, and sheep are waiting for your little one to give th em some love and attention.
5. Character Meet and Greets. I know, you can meet characters at EVERY Disney park. In our experience, we’ve found more characters, more often, at Animal Kingdom. Along the walking trails, you’ll see Baloo and King Louie. Flick, on the other side of the Tree of Life, and many more. Camp Minnie Mickey is where you’ll find the Fab 5, Timon, Pochahontas, and even Pooh sometimes.
How do you enjoy Animal Kingdom with your young child?
- Five Rides for Little Guys (and girls) @ Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Five Rides for Little Guys (and girls) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!