The Muppet Christmas Carol is one of my favorite holiday movies. Since it has the same story, we can throw Disney’s A Christmas Carol in there, too. It makes sense, then, for me to share with you the recipe to make Fezziwig’s Cranberry Christmas Scones. They may have changed it to Fozziwig for the Muppets, but that doesn’t change the story, right? The important part in my book is for the family to be able to enjoy the story, regardless of how it is presented.
Enough talking about movies or we’ll be here all day. Check out the recipe below!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest, packed
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed in small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of cold heavy cream
- 1- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp. of cold heavy cream to brush the tops 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar for sprinkling tops
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- With an electric mixer, mix the cold butter cubes into the dry ingredients until fine crumbs form. A few larger bits of butter will remain.
- Whisk the egg, and add the cream to a small bowl. Whisk together for a minute. Slowly add small amounts to the dry ingredients with the mixer on low until a thick and stiff dough forms. Fold in the fresh cranberries until mixed in.
- Flour a work surface and use hands to flatten out the dough until about 1” thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out the scones.
- Place the scones on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops with the cream, and sprinkle the desired amount of sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Makes about 10 scones.
Did you give the recipe a try? Take some pictures and share them with us! What did you think of them? Are they as tasty as they look? Let us know in the comments below!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.