Let’s boo this! The first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of 2018 kicked off last night in a big way. This special-ticket event even sold out but don’t worry we were there covering all the spooky details for you. With spellbinding entertainment, deliciously ghoulish treats, and rare character sightings, guests in the Magic Kingdom park at the Walt Disney World Resort celebrated until midnight.
Plus there are new twists and treats this year:
- On Pirates of the Caribbean, guests will interact with new live pirates who encourage everyone to be on the lookout for Gunpowder Pete, a scoundrel with an eye on the same treasure sought by Captain Jack Sparrow.
- The Mad Tea Party will take guests on a colorful teacup ride, as special lighting and other effects put a glowing new spin on the attraction at night.
- Explorers visiting Space Mountain will hurtle through the blackness of deep space to the riffs of a new hard-rockin’ soundtrack.
- Storybook Circus welcomes the new Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring favorite Disney Junior characters, including Doc McStuffins and Timon from “The Lion Guard.”
- New this year in Frontierland, prospector Cactus-Flower Cate rounds up youngsters for the Frontierland Costume Promenade, encouraging them to show off their costumes in a quest for the greatest treasure in the land – candy!
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party entertainment did not disappoint, the Sanderson Sisters put a spell on guests with the first show of the evening. Joined by numerous Disney villains, the sisters performed Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular on the castle stage three times throughout the night.
Between all the hocus pocus, Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade made its way down Main Street, featuring your favorite ghosts and ghouls from the Haunted Mansion. The not-so-scary parade begins at 9:15 p.m. and again at 11:15 p.m. giving guests two chances to catch their favorite Disney characters getting into the Halloween spirit.
And of course, all of our favorite Disney characters were dressed up for the party ready for meet and greets!
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks show really was the main event of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The stunning fireworks display was complemented with music from Ursula, Oogie Boogie, and many more creepy classics.
The delicious Halloween themed goodies were a treat for the eyes and the taste buds! From Candy Corn Ice Cream to Jack Skellington Push Pops, and everything in between, there was no shortage of spooky snacks. You can see our full delicious coverage HERE. Speaking of spooky snacks, in true Disney fashion, Disney made sure that every guest was able to fully enjoy their time at the Halloween party by including an Allergy-Friendly Experience for guests with various food allergies.
Along with all the entertainment and tasty treats of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, there is some great Halloween merchandise in the parks. I especially love the Hocus Pocus Spirit Jersey with the Villains Spelltacular logo on the front and has “Amuck Amuck Amuck” on the back. Click HERE to check out our article displaying all of the awesome Halloween merchandise available during the party.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party runs select nights Aug. 17-Oct. 31 at Magic Kingdom Park – the earliest in the calendar year it’s ever started. It’s also the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “Hocus Pocus,” so what better way to celebrate the film than the spellbinding Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular at Cinderella Castle, where the Sanderson Sisters take “stage fright” to another level.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote (or fill out the form below) from a Certified Disney Travel Specialist from MickeyTravels, the official travel partner for Chip and Company.
Contact me today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Find me on Facebook or feel free to email me with any Disney vacation questions at SPhillips@mickeytravels.com
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!