What better time then summer, which just happens to be Olaf’s favorite season, to celebrate a new event called “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! It will start July 5th and ends September 1st at Hollywood Studios. It is a day of “Frozen” events and fun that is a must do for all the “Frozen” fans out there.
Here is the official lineup for the icy event:
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome: At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna make their big entrance in Hollywood. This is a part of their goodwill tour of all the neighboring kingdoms. They eventually make their way to Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. It’s not just Elsa and Anna, Kristoff will also join the sisters for some icy fun. They trio is joined by skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! As the Royal Welcome procession comes to an end there will be a special ending at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome them to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
- Olaf on Summer Vacation: Needless to say Olaf will be enjoying his first summer vacation. He will be giving updates throughout the day so all of his loyal fans will know what he is up to. There will also be a Take-Along Olaf available for purchase. Don’t forget to take some selfies of you and your new friend Olaf! When you do share them on social media and tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. Your photo may be selected to appear in the grand finale!
- For the First Time in Forever: For this part of the event you get to go into Premiere Theater and cool off for a “Frozen” Sing-Along. Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a retelling of the amazing history of their Kingdom. Followed by some sing along fun.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland: Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have made a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and drinks.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party: This part of the event starts at 5:30 p.m. each day. It’s a dance party in the area that surrounds the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage. There will be a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a mix of old and new summer rock & roll hits, as well as a medley of your “Frozen” favorites.
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular: End the day at 9:45 p.m. Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a finale of fireworks set to the music of “Frozen”.
Update 7/1/2014: Ice skating has been added to this event. Oaken’s Frozen Fun Land will be inside the Soundstage One building, and will have a Frozen pond where you can ice skate. The cost will be $10.00 for 30 minutes of ice time. That price includes socks, ice skates, and a helmet. If you have your own equipment feel free to bring it. It will be open everyday, from park opening, but will close at 8 p.m. Skating is available on a first come first served basis.
F.Y.I Skating availability might be limited because they only have a certain number of skates in every size. You must sign a waiver. Minors must have an adult, or responsible person over age 18, with them to sign the waiver.
Another Great Update 7/3/2014: The trading post, which is located in the front area of Soundstage One will be home to a large assortment of “Frozen” merchandise. There are dolls, toys, plush, apparel, consumables, pins and much more. The assortment will evolve throughout the summer as additional items arrive at the Disney Parks. Disney is also releasing new D-Tech on Demand cases for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5S on Saturday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This artwork will also be added to the D-Tech on Demand boutique inside the recently opened Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. The Marketplace Co-Op location will have a few designs not found anywhere else, while the “Frozen Summer Fun” design will only be found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
And coming next week, Disney is also releaseing three open edition, retail MagicBands at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with pre-printed images of Elsa, Anna and Olaf. As with all retail MagicBand purchases, guests must present one of the following for the MagicBand to be linked at the time of purchase: valid theme park admission, Memory Maker card or another MagicBand. These items will Not be available for purchase online or via Merchandise Guest Services, they are only available at the Parks.
Are you looking forward to this event?
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!