Get ready to have the best day ever with this Rapunzel Braided Bread recipe!
This tasty treat is inspired by Rapunzel’s hair and features a mix of cream cheese and berries! Delicious!
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp of yeast
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 cups of white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 4 oz of low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp of cane sugar
- 5 blueberries
- 3 strawberries
- Begin by combining the water, yeast, canola oil, and honey in a medium bowl. Give one stir and set aside for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Once activated, add the wet contents to the dry and use a wooden spoon to gently stir until thoroughly mixed into a sticky, but firm dough. If too dry, add warm water, one tsp at a time. If too wet, add flour, one tsp at a time.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and set aside in a warm spot for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir to combine the sour cream and cream cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the frozen raspberries and cane sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until the berries can be smashed with a spoon into a jam-like consistency. Then let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- After 1o minutes the dough should be a bit larger in size. Place onto a floured surface and knead 2-3 times before rolling out into a rough rectangle about 1/4″ thick.
- Mix the cream cheese with the raspberries and spread onto the dough in a thin, even layer. Keep a 1 inch border of dough on the edge.
- Roll the dough lengthwise onto itself and seal the edge by pinching the dough together with your fingers. You should have one long roll.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the roll down the center, starting from the middle.
- Begin braiding into dough by placing one segment on top of the other, twisting to keep the exposed part on top.
- Place on a floured cookie sheet or parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, lightly cover with tinfoil, and bake another 10 minutes, until the edges are toasty and a knife or cake tester can be inserted and removed clean. Then let cool.
- To finish, add blueberries and sliced strawberries on top. Cut off the green leaves and make four slices from the bottom of the strawberries toward the top, leaving the top intact. Gently fan the slices beneath the blueberries to resemble flower petals. Slice and serve.
Credit: Disney Family
- We Are Screaming For These Monsters Inc Pop Tarts! - May 10, 2021
- Learn How To Make A Banana Foster Bread Pudding From ‘Ohana! - May 9, 2021
- Surprise Mom With A Tonga Toast Breakfast This Mother’s Day! - May 8, 2021