“Queen of Katwe” is a truly uplifting movie. It will inspire even the most hardened hearts (in my humble opinion). If you didn’t get the chance to see it in it’s limited release, I highly recommend watching the Blu-Ray, which comes out on the 31st.
Along with the amazing movie, you’ll be treated to some amazing bonus features.
Queen of Katwe: Their StoryThis is a three part mini doc featuring the people who brought “Queen of Katwe” to life:
- “A Spark Of Inspiration” This part focuses on Tendu Nagenda meeting Mira Nair when he found the story through ESPN. Then decided to film in Katwe.
- “Those Who Guide” This focuses on the actors and their counterparts. How the real story of Nakku Harriet and Robert Katende affected actors Lupita Nyong’o and David Oyelowo.
- “The Future Is Bright” Phiona, Madina & Martin growing up and finding who they
are. How similar they are and their lives parallel.
A Fork, A Spoon and A Knight
A short featurette documenting the life of Robert Katende. How he grew up in the violent bush, and then understood the most important thing to have is an education, and always paying it forward.
- “In The Studio With Alicia Keys” – Alicia Keys writing “Back To Life” and how the questions
she asks herself as an artist were reflected in the film.
- “Alicia Keys Music Video for “Back To Life”
“Young Cardamom and HAB “#1 Spice” The fun music video that played during the credits of the film.
- 8 deleted scenes from the film with introductions from director Mira Nair. She explains why the scene was filmed in the first place and why it was deleted.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.