Today Disney announced the release date for the new Disney Genie service at Walt Disney World. Guests will be able to use the new Disney Genie starting October 19. We also have more information regarding pricing for Disney Genie+ and the new Lightning Lane attractions.
Similar to the FastPass system that used to be available at Disneyland, Disney Genie+ will allow guests to select arrival windows for Lightning Lane entrances available at more than 40 attractions across the parks, one at a time throughout the day. Guests with Park Hopper access will be able to use this service at multiple parks in a single day.
Disney Genie+ service will be available for $15 per guest per day.
How to Purchase
- Before Your Visit: Available as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package for the duration of visit. Purchase via Disneyworld.com or authorized travel professionals.
- Same Day of Visit: Available for single-day use for existing ticket holders or Annual Passholders. Purchase via Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience app.
- When to Select Attractions: Once you have Disney Genie+ service, you can book the next available arrival window for your first experience via the My Disney Experience app beginning at 7:00 a.m. on the day of your visit.
Separate from the Disney Genie+ is the Lightning Lane Individual Attractions. Right now there are 2 per theme park that will require a separate purchase in order to use the Lightning Lane. Guests will not need to purchase Disney Genie+ in order to use this feature. Those rides will be available “á la carte”.
Pricing and availability will vary by date, attraction, and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability. You won’t be able to purchase until the same day you plan to visit that park.
When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
- Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 a.m. on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
- All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens.
The Disney website gives the following examples for individual Lightning Lane pricing:
“Prices will vary by date, attraction and park. For example, the Lightning Lane entrance to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 per person on October 19 and $11 per person on October 23.
As another example, on both those dates, Lightning Lane entrance to Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be $7 per person, while Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be $15 per person.
Throughout the year, prices may be lower on some days and higher on other days. This option may be purchased at up to 2 different attractions each day.”
What are your thoughts on the new Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane?
For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with a Disney Earmarked agency and my services are complimentary.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Hosting Custodial Job Fair on December 13th - November 26, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort is now decorated for Christmas - November 26, 2021
- New Encanto Photo Wall in Disney’s Animal Kingdom - November 26, 2021