The day we all have been waiting for is finally here…in a bit controversial and different from announced way. The new Fantasyland is open! Though scheduled to open on December 6th, they have begun what is being called a “preview period”. Disney Parks Blog reports that the new expansion’s “Preview Period” began on Nov. 19, which means the new rides, experiences and restaurants are accessible to all Magic Kingdom guests with some limitations such as limited operation hours.
• Be Our Guest Restaurant — a new Beauty and the Beast-themed, French-inspired restaurant with first-come, first-served lunch hours and dinner options.
• Bonjour! Village Gifts — a Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid retail shop in Belle’s Village.
• Enchanted Tales With Belle — an interactive show with Belle re-enacting the popular stories from Beauty and the Beast.
• Gaston’s Tavern — another eatery theme after the famous movie. The restaurant’s iconic dishes are a pork shank and LeFou’s Brew.
• Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid — ride a clam shell and experience the story of The Little Mermaid with the film’s popular (and extremely catchy) music.
The official grand opening date of the new Fantasyland is Dec. 6.
- Behind the scenes look at the detail of the Fantasyland Expansion (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Reasons I’m Excited for December 6th (chipandco.com)