In a recent conference call held by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, he spoke with his Re-Open Florida Task Force Executive Committee to discuss the re-opening of Florida’s economy. Among those leaders and business owners is Walt Disney World President Josh D’Amaro. D’Amaro is representing Central Florida business along with Universal CEO John Sprouls.
The Re-Open Florida Task Force Executive Committee is made up of 22 businesspeople and state leaders who will help lead the state out of the economic turmoil caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
The list also includes:
- Patrick Sunderlin, vice president, global supply chain, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Jamal Sowell, president and CEO, Enterprise Florida Inc.
- Todd Jones, CEO, Publix Super Markets
- Florida Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez
- Jimmy Patronis, Florida chief financial officer
- Ashley Moody, Florida attorney general
- Bill Galvano, president, Florida Senate
- Jose Oliva, speaker, Florida House of Representatives
- Sen. Wilton Simpson, president-designate, Florida Senate
- Rep. Chris Sprowls, speaker-designate, Florida House of Representatives
- Richard Corcoran, Commissioner of Education
- Mayor Carlos Gimenez, Miami-Dade County
- Mayor Dale Holness, Broward County
- Mayor David Kerner, Palm Beach County
- John Couris, president and CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- Syd Kitson, chairman, Board of Governors for the State University System
- Paul Reilly, chairman and CEO, Raymond James Financial
- Alex Sanchez, president and CEO, Florida Bankers Association
- Eric Silagy, president and CEO, Florida Power & Light Co.
- Joe York, president, AT&T Florida and Caribbean
Orange County also has its own task force, the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force, which is made up of 44 Central Florida businesspeople focusing on local economy. They will have its first meeting virtually on April 22 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. The meeting can be viewed by the public on OrangeTV.
We will continue to monitor the news coverage for any news on when Walt Disney World will plan to reopen or what is being said about the impact this has had on the Walt Disney Company.
Images and information from BizJournals.com found here.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Celebrate the Holiday Season at Universal Orlando starting in November - October 7, 2021
- Universal’s Mardi Gras returning in 2022 - October 5, 2021
- Vera Bradley + Harry Potter Launch New Forbidden Forest Collection! - September 17, 2021