Get cozy with this delicious Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Epcot!
We have the recipe to this popular dish that you can find at Le Cellier Steakhouse at the Canada pavilion so you don’t have to travel around the World Showcase to get it.
This cheesy soup would become a favorite at your home, plus is super easy to make! Take a look:
CANADIAN CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 pound of white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager style beer
- Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
- Cook bacon in a 4 or 5 quart Dutch oven stirring over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery, and butter and saute until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium hear. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
- Serve the soup hot, then garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
Credit: Disney Parks